Emergency drive flange on rear hubs to seal things up. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This also works 🤷

jRcB2MVh.jpg

Seems like a pretty simple thing to design up and 3D print since all you're after is a reasonably 'sealed' temporary cover plate... Print 2. Would weigh a lot less than some chunks of steel to keep in the tool kit :)

cheers,
george.
Hey @Outsane Got another one for you!

YES you can run a front flange on the rear full float axle.
Unless it been modified to run RCVs.
And why I wanted that spare RCV flange from you Steve!!!
This thread has been raped. So I got impatient and reverted to hay bailing days one night two weeks ago and decided that the six dowel pins were my alignment problem. I went work to snapping off four 5/16 bits in an attempt to open up the dowel hole in the flange. Needless to say it’s not what it’s suppose be. I’m wondering if it should be trash or if it should be yours for free. It would work in a bind for sure.

I think the idea is to have the center filled 🤷‍♂️

If your going to make them maybe you could make them with 6 dowel pin holes for us guys that are running RCVs and the dowels pins are 8 mm with RCVs

I could also cut an rcv specific gasket of needed
There basically the same just four more holes symmetrical to the stock two dowel pin holes and 8mm.

The same cap could work for all applications as the the dowel pins are not necessary for a cap purpose

Theses are stock rear axle flange gaskets and they work perfect with the RCV axle shafts.
1650468076363.png

Are the front gaskets the same as the rear?
Yes, just with out the extra holes and they mimic the front drive flange.

I think the cap should look just like a rear flange and gasket and it would work on the front or back and with all axles if it has the hole pattern like the rear gasket.

It's as simple as turning the the hole pattern for the studs and line it up with the dowel pin holes and make six holes the holes symmetrical and they can all be the same size just like the rear gasket.

Front and rear.
1650470484603.png

Stacked.
1650470524435.png

Or you could just use the spare drive flanges (that match the spare birfields and were replaced by locking hubs) that you carry anyways.

Unfortunately a stock front flange won't fit the rear if the rear hub has been modified to run RCV rear shafts. 🤷‍♂️

I like the idea of having one lightweight cap that would work for all !! ;)

The other option is the carry a spare RCV drive flange.

Oh hell yeah baby!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom