emergency brake cylinder question... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, so i was visiting some friends in london ontario, and decided to use a free day to rebuild my rear wheel brake cylinders, seeing as how i had the kits with me...however, two of the fittings (one on each rear right cylinders) broke off and could not be removed, tried extractor bits, tried heat, tried ice, and no dice....

and now i need to get going - cant find immediate replacements, so was wondering if anyone had any amazing advice?

i was thinking i could block off the supply to the rear at the master using a bleeder valve, but that just forces air out the booster breather for some reason - thinking i would hobble back home with front brakes only - anyone have any other suggestions? (rotors in the front) - any way to bypass the rear brakes for the short term?

Maybe disconnect the rear brake lines and put a cap on them?

Like I said tho, I tried that at the master cylinder, then when the brake pedal was pressed, all I could hear was air being forced out the booster vacuum tube..... Pedal went right to the floor...

So long as that port is full of air you are going to have little to no pedal. You would still have to bleed it just like you were bleeding brakes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom