Emblems (Pre Bronco Game Fun) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Started removing the emblems for de-blinging this morning. Began with the front removal and sanding. I am using a Rust-O product that states that it will give a hammered dimple look (for metal/plastic applications, we shall see if it works on plastic). Now on the 3rd coat and am bored waiting for it to dry, have already waxed and buffed the truck, vacuumed the house, and caught up on mud threads. Thus the post.

At this point it looks like cast iron that has been coated, black with dark gray dimples (similar to a cook top grate or BBQ grill top).

I will take photos later, maybe. This may turn out to be a what not to do post. If not, all emblems including the wheel caps will get the treatment.

As is the norm, my wife thinks I'm stupid (she may be correct this time).

More later.

i painted my front emblem a rusoleum satin black to go with the bumpers. Thought about using that hammered one but stayed with a non-texture.
Dsc_7279x2.jpg

Loud, no doubt your truck looks sick.

It's on and looks exactly like enameled coated cast iron (cookware for your truck). Photos tomorrow as the Broncos are on.

I will be soliciting opinions.

When you switched from the LTX M/S to the BFG AT, how much louder where they?

Last edited:
Mine need to be redone. Where are the pics??!!??!!

I was sitting in CAD class earlier today looking on this thread going "where are the pictures??!?" Didnt feel like logging in to post but since I'm home.... where are the pix!!!!!!

Go Cards!!! NFC West Champions!!!!

Sorry gents,

I stripped the paint off two days ago and it has been to cold to paint (I am anal and think I can do a better job). I will paint and post this weekend.

Last edited:
Photos

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

Sorry for the delay. I put the emblem on this morning 7 degrees here. Second time was the charm, it took 2 moderate coats and 1 one dusting. In my opinion it turned out great and about 56.5% better than my first attempt. Now I will start on the remaining emblems...
DSC_0001.jpg
DSC_0015.jpg
DSC_0017.jpg

Last edited:
One more thing, it is textured with lots of little dimples. The photos do not show this well.

Is it just me, or does the emblem look like a man wearing a sombrero?

So Loud, you likey?

As a matter of fact I do. Its texture goes well with my Rhino-line'd grille better then my satin black emblem, I may have to spray another emblem with that finish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom