email notifications not working (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

tested this morning...worked for me.

Click the notifications button on the menubar and make sure the thread you are watching is listed. Also, ensure your email address is correct in your profile.

[quote author=woody link=board=9;threadid=11757;start=msg107340#msg107340 date=1077215734]
tested this morning...worked for me.

Click the notifications button on the menubar and make sure the thread you are watching is listed. Also, ensure your email address is correct in your profile.
[/quote]

Threads are there and email address is correct but I still don't get any notifications. I've checked threads that I have updated and asked for a notification on and they have been posted by other members and I have never gotten an update. Nothing has changed, I use to get them and it just stopped sending them. Last update I got was 2/16/04 thanks for any help you might provide.

[glow=black,2,2]Two questions for you guys ..

• Woody , are you receiving any error messages when mail tries to out to him ?
  • Pitbull , is your email server operational ... iow's you're getting other email coming thru ok ?
  • I would try inserting an alternative email addy for this function for now .. see if that works .
[/glow]

[glow=black,2,2]T Y L E R

[color=0000FF]T[/color][color=0008FF]O[/color][color=0010FF]Y[/color][color=0018FF]O[/color][color=0020FF]T[/color][color=0028FF]A [/color][color=0030FF]F[/color][color=0038FF]Z[/color][color=0040FF]J[/color][color=0048FF]8[/color][color=0050FF]0 [/color][color=0058FF]C[/color][color=0060FF]R[/color][color=0068FF]U[/color][color=0070FF]I[/color][color=0078FF]S[/color][color=0080FF]E[/color][color=0088FF]R[/color][color=0090FF]S [/color][color=0098FF]R[/color][color=00A0FF]O[/color][color=00A8FF]C[/color][color=00B0FF]K [/color][color=00B8FF]![/color][color=00C0FF]![/color][color=00C8FF]![/color][/glow]

Guys, I'm not getting notifications either. I should have gotten like 6 E-mails on stuff in the last couple days but... nope.

My E-mail info is good
My E-mail is working fine as I'm getting tons of other E-mail
My "notifications" are correct also.

Thought I'd chime in :D

BTW: I'm setting 'Notify of replies' on this one also..... we'll see ::)

[quote author=Klunky Chris link=board=9;threadid=11757;start=msg108959#msg108959 date=1077552952]
Guys, I'm not getting notifications either. I should have gotten like 6 E-mails on stuff in the last couple days but... nope.

My E-mail info is good
My E-mail is working fine as I'm getting tons of other E-mail
My "notifications" are correct also.

Thought I'd chime in :D

BTW: I'm setting 'Notify of replies' on this one also..... we'll see ::)
[/quote]

Sounds like were in the same boat. I'm also getting other emails just not the ones from this site.

strange...notify of replies is working fine for me....

I look more into it...might be something with the sendmail program...

still not getting E-mail notifications....
not even for the last 2 posts :D

Is there a way we could have accidentally turned it off?

I just turned the feature off....reset the sendmail program...and turned it back on. Hopefully, that cures it...if not, I'll contact the host company and see if my contact has any better thoughts on it....

No replies as of 2/29/04. Don't understand why I am the only one that is not getting replies? I've not changed anything. Wonder if others are not getting them? If that is the case, could be losing many members that don't follow-up on posts.

the email I sent from my yahoo/ih8mud account to Klunky Chris was bounced. I'll send you one too. With all the viruses going around, your ISP may be incorrectly garbaging them....

Woody that must be it since I did not get your email. I use AT&T and they must be filter IH8MUD as spam for some strange reason??? I can live with not getting responses as long as it is not a wide spread problem don't worry about it.

With all the viruses going around, lots of ISP's are "blanket blocking" any email that isn't recognized as 100% non-spam. You can likely email your ISP and see if they have implemented any recent changes, and let them know that ih8mud.com should be an approved address.

I read recently that a local service provider was blocked ad-hoc by rr.com...

did some reasearch tonight....apparrently YaBB-SE has some bugs with their email handling....my guess is that's the issue causing the problem. The updated software version is about to come out with a major new release, with PILES of new features and cleanups....I'm gonna stall on changes until that release is made available.

Thanks for your patience.

I just thought I'd add that I too have stopped getting email notifications... I've checked to see if it was turned off under my notifications page, but nope. Tried unchecking saving and leaving and then coming back and checking and saving--but I still am not getting email notifications. I suspect a lot more of us than have spoke up here are not getting notifications. I was just thinking it was a temp bug or something, but it's been a few days now... Also sure that my email server ain't blockin' it--they don't block s***e...I get all sorts of crap.

I guess post up here when the updated version is available and then we should get emailed eh (if notification is checked of course...)? :D

-Ferg-

Good work Brian, keep it up!

BTW: I called Earthlink (my ISP) and they said they aren't blocking anything. The tech looked through my account and couldn't find anything with iH8MUD in it, so it isn't being blocked. It just isn't showing up.

He also assured me that they don't just *delete* any E-mail no matter what the situation. It goes into the "known spam" filter in my webmail, and I would see it there.

In other words, he is certain that it is just not showing up.

I read him the failure message you sent me from your personal E-mail attempt:
Message from yahoo.com.
Unable to deliver message to the following address(es).

<thumprideb@earthlink.net>:
CNAME lookup failed temporarily. (#4.4.3)

He said it looks like the DNS is broken on your mail server and can't see certain parts of the internet.

Hopefully the software upgrade fixes the problem. I'll be patient :D
I just wanted to let you know what I found out.

Also, I think Ferg might be right. I'll bet that others aren't as anal as us and just haven't spoken up :D More people are probably having this problem.

Thanks again Brian! :beer:

OK... trying a new E-mail account. Free Yahoo account.

lets see if that'll work?

hmmmm.....
no love.... no love.... where is my love? :'(

All three of you have the "hide email from public" checked in your profile...try un-checking this box and see if you get a notification on a thread...

I'm gonna have to sit down and plod thru the 3000 users in the mysql database and see if I can find any inconsistencies...thats the only place I can determine a problem...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom