Elocker Q with pics. RTH please. (1 Viewer)

Posted a couple days ago on my 96. Here is the problem. My actuator is working properly, however I can't get the pin in far enough into the shift fork to get the bolt in. It just stops short, but if I tap on the pin it will go in enough but it is super tight. Should I have to tap on the pin to get the bolt to line up? Thanks guys.
IMAG0076.jpg
IMAG0075.jpg

landtank

SILVER Star

check the shaft for burrs that might stop it from going through the fork. It should just slide in.

Thanks Landtank. After a lot of head scratching I finally figured out that the pin is BENT, and thats why it won't go. Not sure how that happened but I am on the hunt for a new one today. Thanks again.

If the actuator is correctly timed, it over runs, holds both lock and unlock in spring tension. This is why it needs to be installed locked. The proper procedure; line up the pin (bolt) hole, install, torque, then install and torque the actuator mounting bolts. If properly setup, you will notice that the actuator has a slight gap to the housing, the bolts pull it up tight.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom