Electronic Diesel Swaps - questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

"Equipped" and 1HZ in the same sentence is a bit much:cool: - I remember reading your build thread a year or two back now, has the 12HT given you any problems?

Part of the reason for this thread was that I was hoping to find an engine that I could use to power the 105, and then do a like swap into the Fj45. But you guys are doing a good job of convincing me not to. I wonder if 1HD long motors are still available from Toyota?

i know what you mean. drove my uncles (another one) 79 with a 1HZ for a while on the farm. boy is it a dog. made me severely miss the 12HT

and if by problems you mean has the increased power and my lead foot lead to any damage to my previously weakened diff flange, then yes, there has been :p

if by further problems you mean has the huge amount of joy that comes from this engine meant that i drive it more, hence take the :princess: in it more, hence more "slow down honey", "ouch my neck honey" and "you cant just race everything off the line", then yes, problems :p

other than that, shes been an absolute dear ;)

I've read a lot of people quoting better turbo options, but no performance figures, so I'd be interested in any information you have.

This isn't the conversation I thought I'd be having on 'mud about diesel swaps, its very sensible but :cheers:

Dyno.jpg

My old setup on a mates ute. 1hd, Gturbo, chip, injectors, intercooler. They make around 90kw at the wheels standard.

My old setup on a mates ute. 1hd, Gturbo, chip, injectors, intercooler. They make around 90kw at the wheels standard.
Locked79 thanks for the info, what chip did you use? I have been trying to find a supplier and it looks like many are no longer selling programmable or piggy back chips for the 1HD-FTE anymore. Also, were the injectors replaced or just modified?

That chip is a Unichip. Id suggest either a DPU or Uni. Give Just Autos in Nambour a call or Brendan Cook from Diesel Power Unlimited in Mackay.

The injectors are modified with +30 nozzles. Can also get +70s now, which weren't available at the time.

With just bolt on mods, the 1hdfte can support over 300 rwkw, which is 230% over standard.

That chip is a Unichip. Id suggest either a DPU or Uni. Give Just Autos in Nambour a call or Brendan Cook from Diesel Power Unlimited in Mackay.

The injectors are modified with +30 nozzles. Can also get +70s now, which weren't available at the time.

With just bolt on mods, the 1hdfte can support over 300 rwkw, which is 230% over standard.
I just spoke to one of the guys at East Coast Customs at Northgate, I called today and they called me back at 5:10 on Friday afternoon - I can't believe it, they'll get my business just for that. Their prices are reasonable and transparent too, which is refreshing. They are Unichip dealers and have their own 4wd dyno.:bounce:

I'm going to go and have a look at the workshop next week.

If you want to make a 1HD-# go like a scalded cat, first bloke I'd be talking to is Graeme at GTurbo...
My 1HD-T made 154rwkw at 3600 and 580 rwnm at 1800 with 25 psi boost and a fairly sedate tune (17:1 pre boost, and 21:1 on boost) with a GTurbo badboy + cross country intercooler + various other things to get enough air and fuel in and out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom