electrical woes (lights) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LCL

Threads
My headlights do not function.
All but the two front driver side running lights work.
None of my flashers work.

I have checked all fuses, connections, and grounds. It looks as if a relay (is it?)
near the battery on the passenger side inner fenderwall is failing. Could that be the
source of my problems?

I could get a picture if that would help greatly. Thanks for any thoughts or
direction, this is my DD.

If the dimmer switch is in the cabin like I assume, I'm not sure I have one. Though I according to my
year, '70, it looks like I should. Do you have a picture or diagram of its location? Is it possible that my
newer alternator that bipasses my regulator is now a problem all of a sudden?

LCL said:
If the dimmer switch is in the cabin like I assume, I'm not sure I have one. Though I according to my year, '70, it looks like I should.

I'm not sure what year the dimmer switch was moved from the floor to the turn signal, but you've got one in there somewhere.

Someone should pop up here pretty soon with the wiring diagram for a '70. Otherwise, run a search on dimmer switches and/or headlight electrical.

Dimmer switch should be on the driver side floor, my '72 still has it on the floor, moved to steering column later.

The new dimmer switch that I installed was from NAPA, Echlin part number: DS-101. :)

Try out this site, it is very informative and may help you figure out your elect. problems.

www,madelectrical.com

click on electrical tech and start reading about relay switches and alternators.

oops, should be a dot, not a comma between www and madelectrical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom