Electrical questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have spare time to spend on the 40. I have a few wires that are capped off or disconnected. Can you guys tell me what I’m missing here? The 40 runs fine and the electrical, lights, etc work fine. The only thing I’m having issues with are the turn signals. Flashers work fine, but left or right stay on, no blinking. I’m going to chase down wires to make sure the ground is making good contact. Horns don’t work but those are unhooked. Trying to Fix them. Does this loose, green/yellow wire attach to the horn relay plug? Up, top?

50D88F8D-ED1E-4320-B4E2-C27B963F80C5.jpeg
3627BB70-B914-4487-9BF0-9A1FF56367F2.jpeg

Moving down the the starter, I have a wire that’s been isolated with tape. LOL. What’s wrong here? There’s also a single loose wire coming from the starter at the top of the pic, with the plug

6425857D-174E-4569-BA80-266C846FFF22.jpeg
CC055A65-4862-40BD-AD5D-F947569CF787.jpeg

Thanks for your help guys.

Check out Coolerman’s website for a wiring schematic for the year of your truck. It’ll be handy for future use as well. Also, he sells a flasher relay that helps with grounding issues. I run one and am happy with it. One of the “better than OEM” products.

Click on Flasher Relay/Adapters and scroll to the bottom.

BTW, I have two wires coming out of the loom that goes to the starter that were cut (besides the starter wire). I forget what Coolerman said they were, but I just left them so must not have been important/used anymore. :meh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom