Electrical Question on 97LX450 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’ve got a 97 LX450. When I come up to a stop and turn on the turn signal, my D light dims a bit to the rhythm of the turn signal. Also, the headlights dim a bit when I operate the power windows. Is this a ground issue? If so, what connections should I check?

Jaguar gas. Just no. No. No. No. Now I know why everyone is having head gasket issues. I had a cool iridescent green jaguar baseball cap back in the 80’s

I’ve got a 97 LX450. When I come up to a stop and turn on the turn signal, my D light dims a bit to the rhythm of the turn signal. Also, the headlights dim a bit when I operate the power windows. Is this a ground issue? If so, what connections should I check?
To add on to this, my D light in the cluster is now blinking alternately with my turn signal lights when I use either turn signal. I’ll be replacing all my ground wires soon and we’ll see what that does. I’m wondering if it’s related to tapping the ARB bar indicator lights into the factory front turn signal lights using scotch connectors. I had to replace my ARB turn lights last weekend due to water intrusion. After replacing I noticed the passenger side ARB indicator still didn’t work. I traced it to the hot wire coming out of the scotch connector. Got it all put back together. The ARB lights run HOT! I’m going to search for a bulb that won’t get as hot and try to find a better connector than a scotch connector- I hate those things. Also, I’m running the Slee light harness, so I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

I believe it's made by Denso. It just happens to be used in Jaguars.

I use the same gasoline that Jaguars use, too...
Harley's use the same starter as the 80's, just a different frame. Denso gets around. I knew a girl like that once.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom