electrical probs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hi......im havin electrical problems. my cruiser keeps diein while im drivin, ive had the alt check out and its fine, the truck boost fine and runs but when i start drivin it slowly dies out. you can see the lights gettin dimmer and dimmer, the batt is brand new also so im stumped....................

bretty said:
hi......im havin electrical problems. my cruiser keeps diein while im drivin, ive had the alt check out and its fine, ....................

Welcome.

On a test bench, or have you verified the alt output while mounted in the vehicle?

Also-

Some background on your vehicle would be a great help trying to figure things out over the 'net....

Examples:

Make

Year

Engine

12 or 24 volt electical system

etc....

Good luck!

-Steve

Welcome!

Check the ground connection to the batterie(s). A bad ground may cause the problem that you're having.

Sounds like dirty connections, worn battery cables, or a bad alternator. H ave you tried disconncting the battery with the engine running? if it dies right away its a bad alternator.
What is your battery putting out? and if you have a 24 volt system then I know nothing about what you have and I will not even hazard a guess. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom