electrical probs

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by Varty Yo, Jun 27, 2005.

1. Varty Yo

Varty Yo SILVER Star

hi......im havin electrical problems. my cruiser keeps diein while im drivin, ive had the alt check out and its fine, the truck boost fine and runs but when i start drivin it slowly dies out. you can see the lights gettin dimmer and dimmer, the batt is brand new also so im stumped....................

2. Poser

Poser Oh...Durka Durka Durka. s-Moderator Supporting Vendor

Media:
    Albums:

Welcome.

On a test bench, or have you verified the alt output while mounted in the vehicle?

Also-

Some background on your vehicle would be a great help trying to figure things out over the 'net....

Examples:

Make

Year

Engine

12 or 24 volt electical system

etc....

Good luck!

-Steve

3. Doug_S

Doug_S

Welcome!

Check the ground connection to the batterie(s). A bad ground may cause the problem that you're having.

4. PUPTLAM

PUPTLAM

Media:
    Albums:
    Sounds like dirty connections, worn battery cables, or a bad alternator. H ave you tried disconncting the battery with the engine running? if it dies right away its a bad alternator.
    What is your battery putting out? and if you have a 24 volt system then I know nothing about what you have and I will not even hazard a guess. Good luck!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.