Electrical problem - suggestions? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lcgeek

Glad to meet you!
Threads
The problem just started this week...2001 LC, 90K miles

1. Both rear passenger door interior panel door lights stay one when doors are securely closed.
2. Driver display panel shows door ajar warning light on.
3. Remote door locks don't work (because it thinks a door is open)
4. On start-up, driver dsiplay light flashes/flickers the brake light display on/off and emits a strange sound.

I searched and it appears #4 might be a bad junction box. Just wondering if the others might also be connected or if anyone has further thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks!
JT

Last edited:
I'd start with checking the connections at the rubber buttons inside the door jams for 1-3. Flashing break light is supposed to indicate a problem with the brake system. I doubt it is connected to the other 3 issues.

You may want to have your electric brake booster checked. This issue is in the FAQ under "No Brakes."

I had some weird electrical gremlins on my 80 when the rear hatch wires broke in the hinge area. Just a thought.

I agree with Travis351- Start checking out the little buttons which open or close the circuit to tell if the door is open or closed.... Then procede from there :)

I'd start with checking the connections at the rubber buttons inside the door jams for 1-3. Flashing break light is supposed to indicate a problem with the brake system. I doubt it is connected to the other 3 issues.

You may want to have your electric brake booster checked. This issue is in the FAQ under "No Brakes."

thanks - I manually checked both rubber buttons on each rear door, and neither turn off their respective light when pressed. Hard to imagine that both went out at same time so I suspect a common line or switch...or junction box.

You are correct. It could be the buttons on any of the 5 doors. The lights are either all on or all off. If any door registers as open, all lights will be on and the doors will not lock with the remote.

Don't the door buttons ground their wire when pressed in? So if the wire to that door button chafed and wore through enough to ground on something...?

Not sure IIRC, but does the rear liftgate switch (built into the lockplate) also operate the rear door lamps? It may be the culprit...............?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom