Electrical- pins combination switch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi.
Looking for suggestions on how to remove the pins from combination switch - wiper / headlights. There should be a way to pull out the pins to swap in a new pin. I am replacing the headlight module. Thanks.
20220919_073216.jpg
20220919_073206.jpg

The instructions for every connector housing are in the Wiring Harness Repair Manual, in the Resources section. You don't need a special tool, a small screwdriver will work.

Was working on fixing the leads/ connectors to my power antenna the other day. For the life of me I couldn’t figure it out. Cut one of the connectors off and finally got the terminal out using a vice and a small screwdriver. Once I had the terminals out I was finally about to see how they were held in place, but I buggered one of the latches. Made this tool as per EWD manual while working on the connectors for the factory amp. Made from a pick in a Sears pic tool kit.

12410A36-5D0D-4537-8256-F171F8F5108B.jpeg

A5758AEC-41DE-425C-BB04-735986112E8E.jpeg

Hi everyone.
Thanks very much for your comments. I have been using a small jewelry type screwdriver and FSM. But it isn't clear how to get the pins out. I've tried prying up/ down and side to side !.
I've flipped open the latches on the connector, but what is the magical trick to get the pins out ?.
Thank you.

I feel most of these are a two-person job as I cannot normally hold up the latch and pull on the terminal. My advice would be to put the connector in a vice in such a manner that with a bright light shining down into the cavity you can see the latch, lift it up while having someone else pull on the terminal wire. Depending on the connector design you can also try pushing on the wire/terminal to verify it is fact free. I’ve also used the magnifying lens from a cheap soldering station to allow me to get a better view of the latch design. I can honestly say that the tool I made was a lifesaver in removing a bunch of terminals in the vehicle harness to my factory amp. It was tough to make exactly as we’re talking about something very tiny which is prone to breaking/bending. My first attempt resulted in a broken tip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom