Electrical - NIGHTMARE? OR Fixable? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just discovered some strange electrical issues on my '98 LX today. It's had over 10 other issues since I bought it last week and I'm beginning to think I bought a lemon.

1. Got a battery light on the dash today while driving. Took it to local auto parts store and got it tested. It came back as bad and also had 1 2018 sticker on it. I bought a brand new battery thinking that would fix the light on the dash. The light is still there. Got it tested at auto parts store again and they said its either the alternator or somewhere in the wiring from the alternator to battery. So I'm only running on battery and no alternator power. The light on the dash goes away if I'm really slamming the gas pedal over 3k rpms. But I'm thinking there's an issue in the whole wiring system?

2. I found a sketchy wire in the fuse panel under the hood (pictured) - connecting the A/C and fuel pump fuses together? I decided to remove the wire. The truck only turned over but did not start. So it seems that wire in the fuse panel is somehow the only source of power to the fuel pump? This tells me there's an issue with the whole electrical system or wiring harness together??

Has anybody seen this before? Any experience?

Bad alternator? Bad fuse panel? Bad wiring?

So stressed and disappointed as it has other major issues that came up the day after I bought it that I discussed in separate threads..
If it is the case, this will be the second lemon landcruiser I've bought in a row and I'm getting tired of being scammed 😫
20210306_154525.jpg
20210306_154535.jpg
20210306_175759.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom