Electrical Gremlins with a 12HT swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CenTXFJ60

SILVER Star
Threads
You may have seen other posts I've done needing help on this truck. the short version is I'm helping a friend (@LowDown ) who's had a conversion done and the folks who sub-contracted the work lacked experience with these trucks. Brief History...Originally an HJ60/automatic (LHD) with air. A 12HT/H55 was dropped in (this part was done well). From what we've been told they fried the original wire harness and sourced another HJ60 one which was laid into the truck, but not hooked up. Fast forward to present time...I've connected most everything I can figure out and the truck starts, all lights work except both headlights, right front corner light and light's in the gauge cluster. i'm missing the dimmer switch (another mud member is sending me one) so I assume this is why the gauge cluster is not lighting up. now the headlights are a mystery. The left side has zero volts on the multi-meter but the corner light works. On the right side the headlight plug has -11.5 volts (and the corner light as well) on the multi meter. I should also mention the hazards or blinkers do not work. This is a 24V system. Any thoughts, feedback or direction is appreciated. And I will definitely ad to this thread as I go. Thanks, Jim

So I just realized why I’m getting the negative voltage on the passenger side light. I’m a complete novice with 24v systems and was using the negative terminal on that battery as a ground for my multi-meter. I’m guessing that it’s pulling a positive being linked to the positive terminal of the other battery. So this being the case the net net is both headlights have no power. Looking for some feedback from you 24v folks (any electrical experts). Really need to understand where to start checking. I have several relays as I have a few spare harnesses.

Headlight relay? On a 12V HJ60 they are in the dash somewhere, I expect the 24 volt would be the same.

Headlight relay? On a 12V HJ60 they are in the dash somewhere, I expect the 24 volt would be the same.
The relays are in the same location as a 12V system. Actually everything is pretty much the same on the harness. So when I turn on the lights I put my other hand on the relays (up under the dash behind the fuse panel) and I can feel the relay's clicking. There's one for the rear lights and another one for the front. From there I check the power at the fuse panel and I do not get any power on either headlight fuse. the rear lights fuse has power. This is as far as I've gotten. Looking for any suggestions from here. Thanks,
Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom