Electrical Gremlins - Headlight switch triggering locks?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

gregnash

Anal Retentive Analyst
Threads
So as many of you have known or seen I have an intermittent issue with my locks where they have randomly been setting of the alarm when attempting to enter the vehicle. This is partially related to temp, which I believe based on the door lock thread is part of the actuator motors dying, but also I think that my passenger side sensor may be on the fritz either due to the lock cylinder having an issue or the sensor itself being the issue.

Recently as I was going through and attempting to figure out what was going on with my tow harness issue (no taillights when connector is plugged in) and came across this little gem. Seriously when this started happening I just laughed as this is where my life is right now, one problem/issue after another.

Thoughts???

For starters, remove the steering column clamshell covers to see if the wiring to the stalk is still unmolested. Takes 5 mins, 3 screws, and removal of the plastic piece that holds the dimmer dial. Rotate the wheel for 2 screws, and 1 underneath, Philips heads

For the lights I believe the issue might be related to how they switch off when locking the rig after exiting with your remote. At least my LX does this. That's the only correlation I can think of between the lights and locks. Not sure if I was any help.

For the lights I believe the issue might be related to how they switch off when locking the rig after exiting with your remote. At least my LX does this. That's the only correlation I can think of between the lights and locks. Not sure if I was any help.
So are you thinking that it has something to do with the door lock sensors and sensing what position the cylinder is in? Or are you talking about something else. I am not quite following.

So are you thinking that it has something to do with the door lock sensors and sensing what position the cylinder is in? Or are you talking about something else. I am not quite following.
The only relation I know of between the lights and the locks is that when you lock the vehicle with the lights on the lights turn off. Whatever controls or senses it might be your issue. Other than that relationship I cannot think of how the lights and the locks would be connected. So, yeah, it could be the sensing your lock position. I'm only speaking about relationships, and I do not know more about how it works in our rigs.

The only relation I know of between the lights and the locks is that when you lock the vehicle with the lights on the lights turn off. Whatever controls or senses it might be your issue. Other than that relationship I cannot think of how the lights and the locks would be connected. So, yeah, it could be the sensing your lock position. I'm only speaking about relationships, and I do not know more about how it works in our rigs.
Ok that is what I thought you might be getting at. If I remember correctly from the EWD, there is a main control box that everything kind junctions through just above or behind the stereo. Might be something in there, could be the crappy install of the remote start, who knows. Little patience for electrical ****ery right now, so not going to get into it. But a good suggestion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom