Electrical gremlin: no tail, dash, reverse or side marker lights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm having a bit of an issue. Installed a new OEM headlight switch and all was well for a few weeks. Last night I had no tail, reverse, dash or side marker lights.
Checked all fuses and good, took the new switch apart and looks fine. Headlights work as they should.

I used a small guage wire to jump the connector prongs inside the switch plug and gets hot and smokes quick. I know it's not the correct way but just trying to determine my electrical gremlin.

So I was thinking there is a short in one of the mentioned lights but if that's case would it not blow a fuse every time I pull the switch??

Maybe somone can give me another starting point as I'm at a loss now.

I tested the switch by using a short wire from the fuse box to the switch. When I turn ignition on and pull the switch I have power running through the switch so I know it's fine.

Now where? Possible ground? Can one bad bulb cause all these lights to not work? I have had bad bulbs before and not one time did a single bulb cause the whole curcuit to malfunction.

I know the tail lights, dash lights, reverse lights and marker lights are in the same curcuit. So a bad ground is my only explnation. But I was under the impression tail lights have their own grown as do marker, reverse and dash lights.

Need a electrical guru to chime in

Fuse box is cleaned and added electrical grease to terminals.

I checked one rear light with a 3 watt bulb grounded and nothing. Strange because the tester shows the switch has a current running through it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom