Electric power steering (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anybody have any information about the City Racer electric power steering? What size tire would this system handle? Any info would be great. 🍺

I have the same set up on my Bj45 and we love it. I purchased another kit for our 40 and will install once I’m settled after move. We run 33x10.5 without any issues.

Do some research as company is in Netherlands, the blue 45 troopy they show as example is ours. They make several applications for various vehicles.

33's off road with no problems. It will handle bigger if you are not going to wheel it hard.
You still utilize all the stock stuff from the box down. Much like the stock set up. Anything over 33's put a strain on everything.

33's off road with no problems. It will handle bigger if you are not going to wheel it hard.
You still utilize all the stock stuff from the box down. Much like the stock set up. Anything over 33's put a strain on everything.
Great to hear. It’s a 75 FJ40 recently purchased. (Should have mentioned this earlier) Mostly stock with old man emu suspension kit with all steering joints replaced. Steering is tight and I have no problem with going the hydraulic route but testing the waters with the less evasive route. 33x10.50 right now with stock width wheels but wanting to go wider. Sticking with the 33” tall but going much wider such as 10-12” wide wheel. Not really going to be a wheeler but more of a pavement princess. Just looking for a little more road comfort as well as being able to control the “tracking” with the wider tires.

69BE51F7-2178-4570-AFE4-6F31253CF56E.jpeg

I run 33 x 12 (15 x 8 wheels) on two of my rigs with the electric power steering. No issues. Is everything is handling well now? Going up in width should be fine. You might feel the road a little more with the wider tire.

Not really going to be a wheeler but more of a pavement princess. Just looking for a little more road comfort as well as being able to control the “tracking” with the wider tires.
Welcome to Mud.
As mentioned, make sure your caster is correct. Any lift will change the caster. Also, make sure your toe in is correct.
"Road comfort" in a 40 is a pipe dream. Those mud terrain tires don't help at all. They can also be your tracking problem.
Basically, a wider tire is not likely to give you what you desire. Especially if you stay with mud terrains.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom