Electric Power Steering for Land Cruiser FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Your opportunity to enjoy a leapfrog in technology and go straight to the age of the Teslas!

A complete kit to convert your Land Cruiser FJ40 to electric power steering. Developed by EZ Electric Power Steering using components produced by Koyo and NSK, both made in Japan and affiliated with Toyota.

Two kits are available. Both are specifically designed for the Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40. One is for '73 to 8/'80 model years. Another is for '81 to '84. Available for either 12V or 24V vehicles.

Benefits:
  1. Non-intrusive installation. Essentially you replace the steering column with the EZ unit. You retain everything from the manual steering box onward. Works with stock alternator and battery
  2. Complete, self-contained kit. No fabrication, no welding, no chasing down parts in junk yards
  3. Built in safety features
  4. ECU controlled, speed sensitive feedback. Quick response, never any hesitation
  5. Silent operation
  6. Adjust the level of assist with a potentiometer
  7. Proven reliability. No pump, no belt, no hoses, no leaks
  8. In the unlikely event you lose power, you revert back to your original manual steering. In contrast, when traditional hydraulic power steering fails, the car can be difficult to steer

We are the exclusive dealer for Land Cruiser ePS in North America, and we deliver world-wide.

Price: $1870 + shipping

You can purchase at: www.cityracerllc.com

Setfoto Landcruiser na 81 .jpg
IMG_5031.jpg
IMG_5033.jpg
IMG_5035.jpg

Last edited:
Roger, will that work on a HJ47 steering system as well? What if it's a RHD truck? Can it be turned so the motor is on the right side or left?

Your opportunity to enjoy a leapfrog in technology and go straight to the age of the Teslas!

A complete kit to convert your Land Cruiser FJ40 to electric power steering. Developed by EZ Electric Power Steering using components produced by Koyo and NSK, both made in Japan and affiliated with Toyota.

Two kits are available. Both are specifically designed for the Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40. One is for '73 to 8/'80 model years. Another is for '81 to '84. Available for either 12V or 24V vehicles.

Benefits:
  1. Non-intrusive installation. Essentially you replace the steering column with the EZ unit. You retain everything from the manual steering box onward. Works with stock alternator and battery
  2. Complete, self-contained kit. No fabrication, no welding, no chasing down parts in junk yards
  3. Built in safety features
  4. ECU controlled, speed sensitive feedback. Quick response, never any hesitation
  5. Silent operation
  6. Adjust the level of assist with a potentiometer
  7. Proven reliability. No pump, no belt, no hoses, no leaks
  8. In the unlikely event you lose power, you revert back to your original manual steering. In contrast, when traditional hydraulic power steering fails, the car can be difficult to steer

We are the exclusive dealer for Land Cruiser ePS in North America, and we deliver world-wide.

Price: $1870 + shipping

You can purchase at: www.cityracerllc.com

View attachment 1141397 View attachment 1141398 View attachment 1141399 View attachment 1141400

Nevermind, I just looked on your website and got my answer.

@Racer65, just got my 76 back from the shop and this thing is a game changer. Works like a dream! If anyone in the Bay Area is interested in doing this and doesn't want to do the install themselves, I'm happy to recommend the shop I went to. The tech said the only difficulty was that the instructions are for a non-California 40, meaning no emissions equipment, so working around that stuff was somewhat of a pain.

Super clean looking installation too!

@Racer65, just got my 76 back from the shop and this thing is a game changer. Works like a dream! If anyone in the Bay Area is interested in doing this and doesn't want to do the install themselves, I'm happy to recommend the shop I went to. The tech said the only difficulty was that the instructions are for a non-California 40, meaning no emissions equipment, so working around that stuff was somewhat of a pain.

Super clean looking installation too!
Not up in the Bay area but what did it cost you to have it installed?

Not up in the Bay area but what did it cost you to have it installed?
More than I'd like to admit. Definitely over $1k (I had various other things worked on as well, so trying not to think about my total bill!).

I'd like to think that the hours needed to install would be quite a bit less after doing it once, which is why I'd gladly provide a reference for this shop.

More than I'd like to admit. Definitely over $1k (I had various other things worked on as well, so trying not to think about my total bill!).

I'd like to think that the hours needed to install would be quite a bit less after doing it once, which is why I'd gladly provide a reference for this shop.
Yeah, that's pretty costly but probably would be somewhat less if it's a nonUS 40 series. And, as you point out, hopefully, they'd be honest about the reduced time from experience on yours. Nice of you to throw out the offer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom