Electric Onboard Air pump suggestions. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Any input on the Viair 450p? They claim 100% duty cycle. Wondering how it would compare to a PUMA if hooked up to a 2 gallon tank.

My observation; the Puma smokes it, like twice the output. The two I see don't have tanks (for airing tires an advantage) they both have 315s and the Puma rigs, (with the tank disadvantage) all on 37"s are done and everything put away while the 450 guys are on the 3rd tire. When parked next to one of them, often air at least one of their tires to get done quicker. One of them just moved to a Puma, if that says anything?

@98 SNAKE EATER that dual pump system seems like a decent deal. It doesn't give the CFM at which PSI though. I was actually thinking of combining 2 smittybilts or tuffstuff4x4 pumps which seems to be precisely what that kit does.

@nukegoat that looks like a viable option getting closer to the price range, I would however have to redo my whole system to accommodate the 200 psi output, or I suppose I could use my existing pressure switch to kill it at the current shutoff pressure.
@Tools R Us that Voltair is a big bastard, puts out some serious air though. If I was going to spend $1300+ on an onboard compressor I'd probably go with the unit @Alic listed.

@MDarius I have a good battery powered impact I use quite often, it's for smaller nuts and bolts on quick fixes when I'm on the trail and don't want to get the air tools out or if the truck isn't running. I use my air impact, air ratchet, pneumatics die grinder and air gun all off of my York setup. Having the ability to run my current assortment of tools is the idea behind needing a good 12v unit. I wheel with a group of mostly jeep owners and along with being totally unprepared for trail repairs they also beat on and break their stuff nearly every time we go out so I get use out of my tools.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom