Electric Fuel Pump CMPI (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm installing my fuel line this weekend and have a question reguarding my fuel pump. Summit Racing SUM-G3138 - Summit Racing® High-Flow Electric Fuel Pumps - Overview - SummitRacing.com
This is the style I bought from summit and the directions say to mount it higher than the bottom of the fuel tank. How important is mounting it above the bottom? If this has to be done the only option I have is mounting it to the body. Seams like mounting it there would be a little loud or atleast bothersome when it's on.
Thank you for the advice.

I really don't know for your application, but I have my elec. pump aprox. 4 inches BELOW my factory tank.

Been that way for years w/no problems. '75 fj40 w/tank under pass seat & elec. pump below on the frame.

John

John,

Thanks man, I was hoping to mount it on the frame rail but my instructions said other wise to the mounting above bottom of gas tank. I'll go ahead and mount it on the frame rail.

one of mine is mounted on the frame rail. just make sure its up out of the way and not mounted on the out side of the frame where it can get hit by objects.
fuel%20line%20pics%20003.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom