Electric car charging stations, and cruiser batteries (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Anyone who parks an ICE vehicle in a EV charging spot is a a******. Range anxiety in EVs is real don't **** with people needing a charge to get further down the road.
:crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

I saw that same sticker on a Prius last week :cool:

I've thought about getting a sticker for my Volt that says "my other car is a gas-guzzling clunker"

I had some lady follow me to work to chastise me for having an insulting sticker. I soothed her by assuring her my Land Cruiser offset her Prius, and that if vinyl words scared her, maybe she should drive a car that wasn't such a pussy. More hurt feeling ensued. Maybe she's behind the s***fit up above about ev spots?

Anyone who parks an ICE vehicle in a EV charging spot is a a******. Range anxiety in EVs is real don't **** with people needing a charge to get further down the road.

Maybe you should put a winch on the front of your bitch buc.. er, I mean, environmentally aware vehicle to remove the offenders.

Oh wait, your battery is already dead if you need the charging station.:flipoff2::rofl:

How I solved the problem

image-jpeg.1272856

image-jpeg.1272858

I don't quite understand the amount hate some people have for a company deciding to dedicate some part of their PRIVATE property to parking for specific vehicles. Electric, handicapped, seniors, people with kids, whatever group they are catering to doesn't matter. Being able to park wherever one damn well pleases isn't a basic human right.

Now, if your municipality or local government started saying that ICE vehicles are not allowed to be parked on PUBLIC property, that's a different story.

How would you feel if someone siphoned your gas tank while you were at work? Pretty much the same thing. For some EV drivers, these charging stations are a necessary part of daily transportation and they would be stranded without them. If the charging station is taken by a non-EV, that is the equivalent of that guy draining your tank or making off with two wheels. Stranded. (BTW, the people parked in EV spots are most frequently luxury car owners). I am older and more mature now, but back in the day, that guy would get badly keyed or tires slashed :eek:

:edit: actually a better analogy is this: You're on a road trip across the middle of nowhere and you get to the only gas station within 100 miles and someone parked in front of the pump and went out turkey hunting for the rest of the day.

Last edited:
The Teslaistas where I work all live within 20 miles of work, and most are within 10 miles, so if they left home with less than 40 miles of range, that's on them!

Yeah, I'm mainly arguing for the sake of Leaf owners or other shorter-range EVs. I have a volt, so no range anxiety here. Bolt, Tesla or plug-in gassers with good range aren't getting screwed, but that guy in a Leaf could have a very bad day because someone else was careless.

The Teslaistas where I work all live within 20 miles of work, and most are within 10 miles, so if they left home with less than 40 miles of range, that's on them!

The place you have chosen to work has made the decision that they want to support their employees that utilize a mode of transportation that may be somewhat beneficial to the well being of our planet. Unless you own the company, its not your call to make no matter if you agree with it or not.

If some random person decides to park on your driveway at home, even though you've designated that YOUR parking spot, would you just shrug and say its your fault for not getting there first?

Disclaimer: I drive a noisy smoky diesel burner, but if other people want to get an electric (or otherwise more efficient) vehicle and take advantage of environmental subsidies, free charging, preferential parking and the smug-boosted sense of entitlement that comes with it, good for them.

I want to make a plastic plate that you stick in the gas door. You can plug into it so it looks like you are OK to use the elite parking spaces.

Also my wife gets pissed at me over "chatting" with folks in Handicapped parking-- I usually ask if Illiteracy is their Handicap!

We have people who went overseas and goty blown up for us, I feel we need to get their backs on park at least.

The place you have chosen to work has made the decision that they want to support their employees that utilize a mode of transportation that may be somewhat beneficial to the well being of our planet. Unless you own the company, its not your call to make no matter if you agree with it or not.

If some random person decides to park on your driveway at home, even though you've designated that YOUR parking spot, would you just shrug and say its your fault for not getting there first?

Disclaimer: I drive a noisy smoky diesel burner, but if other people want to get an electric (or otherwise more efficient) vehicle and take advantage of environmental subsidies, free charging, preferential parking and the smug-boosted sense of entitlement that comes with it, good for them.

Well good.

I actually ride my bicycle to work, but on the rare days I do drive, I don't feel too bad if the only spot available is an EV spot. I went by the EV spots this am and was going to take a pic for this thread, but only 1 was taken, so that doesn't really illustrate my point. Force Tesla must be sleeping in today.

How would you feel if someone siphoned your gas tank while you were at work? Pretty much the same thing. For some EV drivers, these charging stations are a necessary part of daily transportation and they would be stranded without them. If the charging station is taken by a non-EV, that is the equivalent of that guy draining your tank or making off with two wheels. Stranded. (BTW, the people parked in EV spots are most frequently luxury car owners). I am older and more mature now, but back in the day, that guy would get badly keyed or tires slashed :eek:

:edit: actually a better analogy is this: You're on a road trip across the middle of nowhere and you get to the only gas station within 100 miles and someone parked in front of the pump and went out turkey hunting for the rest of the day.

I'm certainly not condoning parking a Cruiser or any other non-EV in an EV charging spot, but I think your comparison is a little skewed. If someone siphoned gas or stole tires, that's a lot different than simply blocking a charging opportunity. One is obvious theft and is illegal, the other is just inconsiderate.

Out of curiosity, what is the real-world range on your Volt?

I'm certainly not condoning parking a Cruiser or any other non-EV in an EV charging spot, but I think your comparison is a little skewed. If someone siphoned gas or stole tires, that's a lot different than simply blocking a charging opportunity. One is obvious theft and is illegal, the other is just inconsiderate.

Volt is unlimited due to the gas engine which can recharge the battery pack as well as propel the car a bit.

We've had a close call in our eGolf(80-100 mile range) before, where, if the public charging station was occupied we would've been screwed. I really don't get the hate for EV's, but some people are just dead set against the whole thing. In the Bay Area an EV makes so much sense that I don't see us ever buying another ICE vehicle ever.

I guess we're getting very far off topic now...

Hence my edit. The guy parked in front of the only gas pump on a lonely stretch of highway is more accurate.

My volt will got 350 miles just like any other car because it has a gas backup. Tesla and Bolt have 200+ range, so not particularly concerned about those either, unless on a road trip (still not smart in any EV but a tesla at this poitn). But that is not the case for Leaf, e-Golf, e-Focus. These people could be majorly screwed by a selfish parker.

There is also a shopping mall in town that offers preferred parking for "aternative fuel vehicles," but no charging. IMO, I don't care if anyone parks there. I'm talking about a gas vehicle blocking access to a charging station.

I don't quite understand the amount hate some people have for a company deciding to dedicate some part of their PRIVATE property to parking for specific vehicles. Electric, handicapped, seniors, people with kids, whatever group they are catering to doesn't matter. Being able to park wherever one damn well pleases isn't a basic human right.

Now, if your municipality or local government started saying that ICE vehicles are not allowed to be parked on PUBLIC property, that's a different story.

I'll lighten up for you a BIT since you're not in the USA.

Even though it's PRIVATE property, the CITY and STATE regulate how many parking spaces there must be as well as how many handicapped parking stalls there must be.

The comparison of "Electric, handicapped, seniors, people with kids, whatever group they are catering to doesn't matter" is NOT accurate.

We did not CHOOSE to require handicapped status. Neither did any of the veterans I know that have been severely injured protecting and serving our country.
Those with electric vehicles CHOOSE those cars, just like I CHOOSE to drive a gas-guzzling LC. I also CHOOSE where I go to get gas.
People with kids are a marketing group, not a special needs group.
Seniors are a special needs group for the most part. Those that qualify are considered within the "Handicap" group.
In my OPINION, being FAT is NOT a handicap. However the law states that anyone who is "morbidly obese" can qualify for Handicap status.

I cannot park my vehicle in the local mall parking lot overnight, as it is private property and they can choose to have it towed.

Why is it that just because you CHOOSE to drive an electric vehicle that I CANNOT park in that spot because I was there FIRST? The Handicap stalls are patrolled by City Government (Local cops) and you can be fined for parking there. If the charging stations become a law, then I won't park there.

Now, if my local City or State government starts building charging stations that are free, I will raise hell, because I want my free GAS station. I'm ENTITLED. DAMNIT! My taxes pay for it, so I will USE it. Otherwise I will protest and park my guzzler in front of the charging stations until I get free gas!

I disagree with the first part of your statement about being equivalent to siphoning my gas or stealing wheels. No, that's something I already PAID for and would be considered THEFT.

Your second paragraph is a better analogy. When the EV's become so popular that they warrant the full infrastructure that the petrol cars do, then it MAY be an issue. I live in the Midwest, where a fraction of a percentage point of cars are EV. I do see lots of Prius' as well as a few Volts, but VERY few Leaf's or whatever the other ones are. I see more LC's and LX's than I do EV's.

In order to protest it properly, go park your Leaf in front of the pumps at your local gas station. Then I will feel vindicated. Because we don;t get our gas for free, like you are getting your electricity "gas".....

Oh, and the car I keep parking in the EV spot is NOT a "luxury car" like my LC.......

Parking a non-electric vehicle in a front of a charging station makes you a prick, end of story. Regardless of your motive or agenda, it's a sh1tty thing to do. You're not protesting anything to the city or state, you're just being an ass to ordinary people for no reason. Better hope someday you don't come back to a flat tire or a nice gash in your paint.

I'll lighten up for you a BIT since you're not in the USA.

Even though it's PRIVATE property, the CITY and STATE regulate how many parking spaces there must be as well as how many handicapped parking stalls there must be.

The comparison of "Electric, handicapped, seniors, people with kids, whatever group they are catering to doesn't matter" is NOT accurate.

We did not CHOOSE to require handicapped status. Neither did any of the veterans I know that have been severely injured protecting and serving our country.
Those with electric vehicles CHOOSE those cars, just like I CHOOSE to drive a gas-guzzling LC. I also CHOOSE where I go to get gas.
People with kids are a marketing group, not a special needs group.
Seniors are a special needs group for the most part. Those that qualify are considered within the "Handicap" group.
In my OPINION, being FAT is NOT a handicap. However the law states that anyone who is "morbidly obese" can qualify for Handicap status.

I cannot park my vehicle in the local mall parking lot overnight, as it is private property and they can choose to have it towed.

Why is it that just because you CHOOSE to drive an electric vehicle that I CANNOT park in that spot because I was there FIRST? The Handicap stalls are patrolled by City Government (Local cops) and you can be fined for parking there. If the charging stations become a law, then I won't park there.

Now, if my local City or State government starts building charging stations that are free, I will raise hell, because I want my free GAS station. I'm ENTITLED. DAMNIT! My taxes pay for it, so I will USE it. Otherwise I will protest and park my guzzler in front of the charging stations until I get free gas!

See, this is the mindset that I just do not understand. Yes, people CHOOSE to drive an EV for the money savings, green factor, or just because they like them. One of the considerations that factor into making that choice is the availability of public charging stations. Just like the availability of gas stations enables you to drive your LC. (Side note, charging stations are not all free).

What if any person, out of accidental carelessness or arrogant self-righteousness, could block your access to the only gas pump in town? Just because. Would you just shrug your shoulders? That person is just exercising their right to deprive you of transportation? I don't think that's how you'd react.

:edit: By the way, welcome to chat, folks! :hillbilly:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom