Eldorado Canyon Run 11/17/2018 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Trail: El Dorado Canyon

Description: This is a scenic fun trail that runs the canyons the East of Dayton. There are a lot of rock formations, mining, and trees along a creek that make this an interesting trail. Sure to be new with all the floods that went thru there last year. Trail has been rerouted in some places.

Date: Saturday, 11/17/2018

Trail Leader: Mark

Meeting Time:Leave time 9:30
Meeting Location: The parking lot of Sinclair gas station and store in Dayton, corner of Hwy 50 and bridge by the first light in Dayton coming from Carson City.

Trail Difficulty: Mostly 2 on the road, 3 in the creek; hopefully no mud. Longer run if last hill is mucked up.

Additional Equipment needed: Lunch, probably at end of trail intersection of Sunrise pass road and Eldorado Canyon Road. Stockers could meet us here at approx. 12:00 pm for some fun activities.

Duration of Run: About 2-3 hrs depending on the trail conditions-Lunch at the end of trail at sunrise pass road.

Tread Lightly / CB Channel 3/ HAM 146.460 simplex

Was just going to post that up. Got the notice at work on Friday that they were completely closing the highway down both Saturday and Sunday from 7am to 1pm. No access to East Lake or Franktown sides unless you are a resident. So they are routing traffic through VC or Tahoe.

So those coming from Reno could use Geiger grade to Six Mile Canyon road to Hwy 50 in Dayton and local resident club members could use Eastlake thru Lakeview subdivision to get to College Parkway then 50 to Dayton. We should be done after 1:00. That being said lets look at the possibility of canceling the run for another day if it would be a hassle for members to get there. Post up if you can make it or not.

An 80 on 37's should be plenty capable.

Glad you can make it. Last time we went, Craig was able to handle the trail no problems in his 80 with 35s. He is locked but I don't think he used them. Bring a lunch and whatever you need for some for after lunch target shooting. The run will be over after lunch but some will stick around for some plinking.

She does pretty good without lockers, but they’re definitely on the winter wish list right now so I can get her on the con this summer. See you guys Saturday!

8006550D-6B63-4910-B059-F3030778A95E.jpeg

She does pretty good without lockers, but they’re definitely on the winter wish list right now so I can get her on the con this summer. See you guys Saturday!

View attachment 1831840
Old pic Ryan? Don't see the sliders on it? We should get together in December for a bit of overlanding (remember I am close to stock) as I want to play with and learn Gaia GPS on my new headunit. Figure you can show me around some of the stuff here in Carson.

Old pic Ryan? Don't see the sliders on it? We should get together in December for a bit of overlanding (remember I am close to stock) as I want to play with and learn Gaia GPS on my new headunit. Figure you can show me around some of the stuff here in Carson.

Yeah it’s an old picture lol
I am down!!

So looks like we are a go for tomorrow! Weather should be nice with a high in the sixties. Those of you in Washoe could probably go thru VC to 50 either six mile canyon or stay on Hwy 342 to 50. It looks like about the same distance to the Sinclair. They seem very excited about closing this off in Carson to only locals.:frown:They have good Hot chocolate at the Sinclair for a warm up.:eek: This is an all the way trail run back to Carson thru Brunswick canyon (or Johnson Lane for those from that area-Kurt). The hill that usually is mucked up should be passable with no problems.:) See you all tomorrow morning.:cookie:o_O:hillbilly:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom