"El Tractor" Replacement Dilema (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Both, 2FE and man tranny. Thats what i'm doing, i got a 89 and an 86 and 87 for donors

Keeping fingers crossed

Right now I'm on my way to do the final look at the blue 84. It has the carb in pieces, I was told by my mechanic that have the engine cranked to see if it turns, at least I'll know if the motor is not seized. And if that were the case, I have a donor engine. Keeping the fingers crossed.
DSC00176.JPG
DSC00174.JPG

99% mine!!!

Went today, cranked, (no carb), the engine turned very nice. I went and offered $1,000.00:bounce::bounce2: and they agreed. most of the aftermarket stuff from the departed 60 will go to this one. The wife was not happy since the truck is not running, but to me it doesn't matter, worst case I have the whole engine from the dead truck. I noticed it had 174,000 miles on the odometer, my dead one has 168,000, so I figure is not too bad. So next Monday off I go with a flatbed to pick it up and have it running ASAP, it will be my DD.

Congrats! The Smurf Fans Rejoice! I'm sure you will be anxious to get a carb on her and see if you can get her running!

A good out of a bad situation!:cheers:

Wife is mad at me, want me to get an 80, I already have one, I'm stubborn for the 60. This 60 better runs with the carb and no other issues!!! ;)

5 days till the new "Tractor"!!!!!!!:bounce::bounce2::bounce::bounce2::bounce:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom