Eimkeith Lower Link Mount Skids / Re-enforcement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Road Apple

SILVER Star
Threads
Anyone have experience with lower link mount damage or have protection installed? Pics please.

Just installed a set of the Eimkeith LLC skids. I’m impressed with the fabrication quality and protection for this vulnerable area. The fit, cuts, and bends are precise. We It’s easy to see the thought that went into designing them.

The picture below shows a 4Runner with the mounting ears folded over. Though I’ve not seen any 80’s with this much damage, it’s possible with enough abuse.

These skids are made from folded 3/16″ plate and are fairly easy to install. They both reinforce the lower link mount and act as a ramp to get the mount up and over obstacles.

Trail report to follow.

6D0DA05F-2B22-4DAD-B864-2D2F93B5435C.jpeg

B7D87EC3-1BAF-4568-8857-67ABB3E465DD.jpeg

Last edited:
Anyone have experience with lower link mount damage or have protection installed? Pics please.

Just installed a set of the Eimkeith LLC skids. I’m impressed with the fabrication quality and protection for this vulnerable area. The fit, cuts, and bends are precise. We It’s easy to see the thought that went into designing them.

The picture below shows a 4Runner with the mounting ears folded over. Though I’ve not seen any 80’s with this much damage, it’s possible with enough abuse.

These skids are made from folded 3/16″ plate and are fairly easy to install. They both reinforce the lower link mount and act as a ramp to get the mount up and over obstacles.

Trail report to follow.

View attachment 2634179

View attachment 2634180
Super clean setup but it looks like your link bracket is installed backward.

Super clean setup but it looks like your link bracket is installed backward.
Appreciate the heads up. I assume you’re talking about the Rear Sway Bar Link bracket? If so, is the short side supposed to face up and aft?

Last edited:

Trail report to follow.

Hey thanks for posting! Glad you liked them. :)

I need these.....
20210405_162227.jpg

These are a great solution. My mounts were destroyed as well as it's usually the first thing you hit, followed by your lower shock mount. In the past I had seen guys build a 'ramp' out of square tubing.

Luckily this is no longer an issue for me since I've triangulated the lowers. Now they rarely hit anything and it also protects the driveshaft.

JVmxDqnh.jpg

wQ4o318h.jpg

These are a great solution. My mounts were destroyed as well as it's usually the first thing you hit, followed by your lower shock mount. In the past I had seen guys build a 'ramp' out of square tubing.

Luckily this is no longer an issue for me since I've triangulated the lowers. Now they rarely hit anything and it also protects the driveshaft.

JVmxDqnh.jpg
This makes mine look brand new lol

JVmxDqnh.jpg

wQ4o318h.jpg
How much does your rig weigh at this point?? :lol:

How much does your rig weigh at this point?? :lol:

6160lbs with all tools, gear, and spare parts. However this was a few years ago before I added the quarter panel armor, cat protection, DIY rear bumper, and redid the rear suspension. What helps out is not having those bulky overland bumpers with swingouts and roof racks, save a lot of weight there.

yKHOZoTl.jpg

6160lbs with all tools, gear, and spare parts. However this was a few years ago before I added the quarter panel armor, cat protection, DIY rear bumper, and redid the rear suspension. What helps out is not having those bulky overland bumpers with swingouts and roof racks, save a lot of weight there.

yKHOZoTl.jpg

Less than you'd think, but you don't have a bunch of normal thing like a spare tire or armor like belly pan etc.

I wonder what mallow weighs with tons and cage and spare and so on

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom