eimkeith 80 series front control arm DIY drop brackets. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If you don’t have excessive anti-squat and excessive roll steer at your ride height then you wouldn’t need to change your rear suspension geometry. Roll steer will do funny things, especially in places like Moab where you have great traction and steep off camber climbs. The rear end will drive under the truck sometimes and jack up one side of the truck.

Just watched your Soup Bowl video. On that obstacle the roll steer jacking effect actually helps, since it’s trying to lift the right side of the truck just as the right front tire needs to climb. On other obstacles it can try to roll you over.
I plotted what you’re looking for at some point, I think the antisquat was around 80ish (that’ll changed depending on your center of gravity) and the roll axis inclanation was like 4ish degrees of oversteer and the lower links were around 36” long

If you don’t have excessive anti-squat and excessive roll steer at your ride height then you wouldn’t need to change your rear suspension geometry. Roll steer will do funny things, especially in places like Moab where you have great traction and steep off camber climbs. The rear end will drive under the truck sometimes and jack up one side of the truck.

Just watched your Soup Bowl video. On that obstacle the roll steer jacking effect actually helps, since it’s trying to lift the right side of the truck just as the right front tire needs to climb. On other obstacles it can try to roll you over.
I have extensive experience at Moab and others like Sand Hollow, Johnson Valley AKA King of the hammers and all the Sierra Hard core trails.
IMO the 80 series suspension works well enough that I don't want to mess with it.
At that point if you want to go to the next level it's time to get a Rock Buggy !

I have extensive experience at Moab and others like Sand Hollow, Johnson Valley AKA King of the hammers and all the Sierra Hard core trails.
IMO the 80 series suspension works well enough that I don't want to mess with it.
At that point if you want to go to the next level it's time to get a Rock Buggy !
Is suspension designed for your ride height better, yes. Is it a big undertaking, yes. Is it worth it? That’s the part that’s determined by personal preference

Is suspension designed for your ride height better, yes. Is it a big undertaking, yes. Is it worth it? That’s the part that’s determined by personal preference
Agreed and why I say IMO

And one of the reasons I would like to wheel side by side with someone ( you ) that have done a three link.
Often real world Is different from what the calculator says.

Believe me making 39’s work with a low lift was no easy undertaking..

Agreed and why I say IMO

And one of the reasons I would like to wheel side by side with someone ( you ) that have done a three link.
Often real world Is different from what the calculator says.

Believe me making 39’s work with a low lift was no easy undertaking..
I talked to baldilocks and he said you guys might be in sand hollow the same time I am! I T boned a bronco sport in January so I’m currently waiting on getting the frame straightened. It would be fun to do a comparison. I’m sure I’ll struggle up stuff you walk up😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom