Eibach pro-truck lift kit review? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi all. So I went with this kit and love it. Have the front set at the 3rd clip setting (2.8"?) and it sits a bit high in the front for my taste. Decided to get some new UCAs and will likely drop down to the second setting when I do so. Anyone know approximately how much this will lower the front?

Hi all. So I went with this kit and love it. Have the front set at the 3rd clip setting (2.8"?) and it sits a bit high in the front for my taste. Decided to get some new UCAs and will likely drop down to the second setting when I do so. Anyone know approximately how much this will lower the front?
Lower setting should be a 2" lift (so it should drop it by ~0.8")

@gaberelli 2nd clip should have you at about 3'' of lift with factory front bumper. 3rd clip you're probably sitting at ~3.75'' unless i missed something in a previous post.

I think 2nd clip on this is the sweet spot. rides great and looks nice and level with the back.

I actually just did this lift and went with the second setting. The front is a little low for my tastes and I’m considering moving to the 2.8” setting. I’ll attach a photo of mine. Mind adding one of yours. I also went with Blackhawk UCAs only knowing that they were $900 new and setup for a 2-3” lift, but I was able to get them off marketplace for $400 new from a guy who didn’t end up using them. Based on his build I assumed they’d be good and they are.

P.S. Amazon has a pair of Freedom Off-road UCAs in warehouse deals for $312 right now.

0CC90A6F-0806-4B6D-AC71-7BD7296AD5ED.jpeg

I actually just did this lift and went with the second setting. The front is a little low for my tastes and I’m considering moving to the 2.8” setting. I’ll attach a photo of mine. Mind adding one of yours. I also went with Blackhawk UCAs only knowing that they were $900 new and setup for a 2-3” lift, but I was able to get them off marketplace for $400 new from a guy who didn’t end up using them. Based on his build I assumed they’d be good and they are.

P.S. Amazon has a pair of Freedom Off-road UCAs in warehouse deals for $312 right now.

View attachment 2837811
I plan to go with this lift when they get them in stock for my 2013 GX. I don't see that Amazon deal can you help me? Are these Freedom Off road adjustable?
Will they give me the room I need at the 2.8 setting on the Eibach lift?

168693D4-2FD6-4DBC-86D8-8C66944C9977.jpeg
88F9C500-148B-4419-B7DA-30983473022C.jpeg
85F8C154-A55D-43E4-960C-A8DDCFD04FA0.jpeg
66A2E16B-0DF6-4853-AD58-D177113B6974.jpeg
Here I am now at 2.8” setting. I have SPC UCAs I can put on and keep it here. If I do, I’ll put helper airbags in rear for towing.

@Tanner H or anyone else. Is there a simple way to add a rear spacer to get this a little more level at the front 2.8" setting? Something like 1/2" would be perfect.

Just happened to browse through the Eibach website, and noticed there was also a Stage 2 kit. @Tanner H, would you be able to enlighten us on the differences between the specs of the two kits available for the GX470?

Just happened to browse through the Eibach website, and noticed there was also a Stage 2 kit. @Tanner H, would you be able to enlighten us on the differences between the specs of the two kits available for the GX470?
I was going tossing around the Stage 1 vs Stage 2. The rear is the same but the front is fully adjustable in a true coilover sense (1.5"-3"). When you look at the front you can see the bottom is adjustable with a spanner wrench opposed to having the clip settings on the Stage 1. It also comes fully assembled unlike the Stage 1 where you have to get new or reuse top hats and install those (unless you find the option to have the Stage 1 preassembled). I am sure there are more finite details but this is my dummy takeaway

I was going tossing around the Stage 1 vs Stage 2. The rear is the same but the front is fully adjustable in a true coilover sense (1.5"-3"). When you look at the front you can see the bottom is adjustable with a spanner wrench opposed to having the clip settings on the Stage 1. It also comes fully assembled unlike the Stage 1 where you have to get new or reuse top hats and install those (unless you find the option to have the Stage 1 preassembled). I am sure there are more finite details but this is my dummy takeaway
Thanks for your insight. I did notice the differences regarding the actual components, but I was looking to find out if the damping in the each of the kits were different. ;)

I’d buy the newer coil overs for front and the height adjustable kit for the rear. Doesn’t cost that much more, gives you tons of height settings and you get some sweet bump stops too.

Hey first post but I have the kit now for about 500 miles.

coupled it with the JBA UCA’s and it’s a great ride. Used the 2nd perch up front so it’s just about 3” lift up front. Hoping that would settle some because I have a slight reverse rake at this time. I have the SSO rear coil on order because it has some flexibility in height. Hoping that’ll even things out.

havent had it off road yet but road manners are pretty close to the stock sport setting. I had the help of my brother in law but install was fairly straight forward and easy.

View attachment 2177797

View attachment 2177798

View attachment 2177799

View attachment 2177801
So which perch/setting did you use for the front and rear? Are you running 265s in this pic? I just ordered this kit and don't know yet where I want it set

Hi Guys,

Just a heads up, I work at Eibach and own a GX470 with our kit. I can try to answer any questions you may have on this kit. Just chiming/sub'd so I can see notifications.

I've been with Eibach for 10 years and was involved in the initial prototypes of this kit.
Me! I'm trying to understand the comments I've seen on the front and rear settings. Some on GXOR have posted that it's 2.8 or 2.0 for the front and 2.0 for the rear, but the diagrams show different heights than that. I've ordered the kit, and will stay with my 265/70/17 Faulken Wildpeaks because they are basically new. I'll eventually go to 285/70/17 when they wear out. The GX is also a daily driver for about 80-90% of it's use. I'm trying to figure out the best setting option. (new wheels arriving tomorrow are Falcon T2 -12. Any insight, advice or opinion would be very much appreciated.

I'm glad to see there is some decent dialogue on the Eibach Pro kit. I've been eyeing this kit for a couple of weeks ago now before becoming a new member today so I can comment and ask questions.

Originally I was leaning towards the Bilstein 5100 kit but appears that availability is a little short and reading reviews on this thread sounds like Eibach is a very viable option at a great turn-key price.

Max part budget $1,000

Here are a couple of notes about my vehicle and driving habits.
  • 2006 GX470 with 217k miles
  • factory suspension minus coil conversion in the rear. This was done before my ownership but I believe that they did not put spring isolators in the rear as I get reverb through the chassis on high impact and/or small-mid impacts of high frequency (broken pavement)
  • This vehicle will be driven on road 98% of the time and may go mild (1-3 trail rating) 1-3 times a year so I do not need any crazy King-Icon-Ironman kit.
  • has 3rd row seats installed but rarely have any load in the vehicle. Normally it's just myself and occasionally my wife.
    • I do not intend to add additional accessories that would add weight
    • I don't mind the factory rake. I figured if I do have passengers it will level
    • I will occasionally tow (2-4 times a year) a Uhaul tandem axel auto transport trailer so would prefer the vehicle not squat significantly when towing.
  • The factory suspension feels really worn. Brake dive is awful. Even with the suspension dial setting set in the middle Sport setting the vehicle feels like it's a sailboat in just moderate wind. In standard comfort mode, it would make you seasick haha.
  • I currently have 265/70/17 Nitto Terra Grab G2s (Load C) on OEM wheels.
    • I will be upgrading wheels & tires. Going 18in with 285/60/18 BFG AT (SL or LT load) IMO the load rating is very importing for ride compliance and matching to mild suspension kits/tuning
I want a lift primary for aesthetics and fix the on-road driving annoyances listed above from the worn-out shocks/spring components.
Questions:
1. Will this ride be very similar to the Bilstein 5100 kits? I want a kit that rides as compliant as possible for street use.
I live within the city of Atlanta on the westside where roads are arguably as bad as many fire trails or the streets of Detroit haha want a good ride without reverb.​
2. Do either kit provide any actual travel? Back in 2001 I had a Tacoma TRD and purchased what was still a new setup Fabtech 2.5 Coilover lift. I noticed as I would adjust the collars, the ride got stiffer and the travel would top out much sooner.

3. I see that there is decent feedback on Freedom Off-Road's UCAs. So how do you think their Coilover kit will ride? Seems like an amazing value. Keep in mind if you're offering an opinion to consider my needs and application and not the die-hard overlander enthusiast mindset.

Untitled.jpg

Do you think that this kit would ride as well as the Eibach?

I'm glad to see there is some decent dialogue on the Eibach Pro kit. I've been eyeing this kit for a couple of weeks ago now before becoming a new member today so I can comment and ask questions.

Originally I was leaning towards the Bilstein 5100 kit but appears that availability is a little short and reading reviews on this thread sounds like Eibach is a very viable option at a great turn-key price.

Max part budget $1,000

Here are a couple of notes about my vehicle and driving habits.
  • 2006 GX470 with 217k miles
  • factory suspension minus coil conversion in the rear. This was done before my ownership but I believe that they did not put spring isolators in the rear as I get reverb through the chassis on high impact and/or small-mid impacts of high frequency (broken pavement)
  • This vehicle will be driven on road 98% of the time and may go mild (1-3 trail rating) 1-3 times a year so I do not need any crazy King-Icon-Ironman kit.
  • has 3rd row seats installed but rarely have any load in the vehicle. Normally it's just myself and occasionally my wife.
    • I do not intend to add additional accessories that would add weight
    • I don't mind the factory rake. I figured if I do have passengers it will level
    • I will occasionally tow (2-4 times a year) a Uhaul tandem axel auto transport trailer so would prefer the vehicle not squat significantly when towing.
  • The factory suspension feels really worn. Brake dive is awful. Even with the suspension dial setting set in the middle Sport setting the vehicle feels like it's a sailboat in just moderate wind. In standard comfort mode, it would make you seasick haha.
  • I currently have 265/70/17 Nitto Terra Grab G2s (Load C) on OEM wheels.
    • I will be upgrading wheels & tires. Going 18in with 285/60/18 BFG AT (SL or LT load) IMO the load rating is very importing for ride compliance and matching to mild suspension kits/tuning
I want a lift primary for aesthetics and fix the on-road driving annoyances listed above from the worn-out shocks/spring components.
Questions:
1. Will this ride be very similar to the Bilstein 5100 kits? I want a kit that rides as compliant as possible for street use.
I live within the city of Atlanta on the westside where roads are arguably as bad as many fire trails or the streets of Detroit haha want a good ride without reverb.​
2. Do either kit provide any actual travel? Back in 2001 I had a Tacoma TRD and purchased what was still a new setup Fabtech 2.5 Coilover lift. I noticed as I would adjust the collars, the ride got stiffer and the travel would top out much sooner.

3. I see that there is decent feedback on Freedom Off-Road's UCAs. So how do you think their Coilover kit will ride? Seems like an amazing value. Keep in mind if you're offering an opinion to consider my needs and application and not the die-hard overlander enthusiast mindset.

View attachment 3017062
Do you think that this kit would ride as well as the Eibach?

I have had the Stage 1 kit on for a few months now. I can say I am very happy with it, I'm in the same boat with the majority of my driving being done on road with a few trips here and there per year. The ride quality has been great, I still had the air in the rear and I think it rides just as good as that did (albeit a little stiffer but not much) and the front has been night and day from 18 year old shocks to new. I have had vehicles with a wide variety of lifts and this one is by far (in my opinion) the best bang for your buck. I have not done UCA's just yet but I have been leaning towards Freedom as they seem to have pretty solid reviews at least for the GX world.

As for the Freedom offroad Coilovers, I actually looked at those as well but I was not able to find enough on the review side to pull the trigger. At least with the Eibach kit it seems to be pretty widely used and everyone seems to be happy as long as you're not hitting wild trails where you would truly need long travel. If there had been more reviews I probably would have gone with Freedom, but again, I go with what people say is a good idea. Feel free to DM me with any questions you may have.

I’ve installed the Eibach pro 1 kit about 7 months ago and been very happy. The spring rate is very close to stock so it rides nice. Not harsh at all. I look at the Bilsteins but the reviews of a hard ride concerned me plus for the money Eibach was the best choice for me. I’ve had mine pretty twisted up and couple times and had no problems. Bought mine on sale through Tire Rack. You can also buy individual parts. It’s a great kit for the price if your not hard core or have a lot of weight.
87E28BE8-D88B-4FA5-A543-E3BF3CBB6D80.jpeg
3AD6AEDD-F75C-4E21-967B-C1AD62B7B602.jpeg
5194ABDF-157C-405E-860F-3A03F3319BB8.jpeg

Just wanted to give a shout-out to @Tanner H for going WAY above and beyond to help me out. Love seeing the vendor support to a community like this. Go Eibach!!!

So I'm looking to get the Pro Truck 2.0 setup. Was wondering how long it takes to install if you know what you're doing. I was quoted six hours but that seems a bit long. Thanks in advance and I'm looking forward to joining the club.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom