Eibach pro-truck lift kit review? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dang they should be in the box. no charge there. If anyone is missing one then holler at your boy and we'll send one out immediately.

We are actually coming out with a new design for the rear load leveling setup to make life much easier. We are sending those out to anyone that already has the kit at no charge.
Ha, I was sort of kidding and I already bought the spanner. It was cheap, but adding it to kit is a nice touch. Honestly the kit is priced so well and includes everything else needed…can’t recommend it enough.

Will this new design include instructions? I assume I just jack up rear axle and adjust with spanner? I haven’t had a chance to play with it yet, but I want to soon.

Posting because this is an ‘Eibach Pro Truck kit review’ thread. I had the kit installed a week ago and it is fantastic. I used the 2” setting up front and installed SPC uppers for good measure. I beat it up over the weekend in Joshua Tree and it was tons of fun. Rides better than stock (165k miles) and has won over my wife who was skeptical about lifting the family car. Now she‘s driving it more than ‘her’ CT-200h F Sport!!

Tanner was super helpful for me as well when ordering the kit. Inexpensive, Great ride and Made in USA.

35776C98-2C65-4EE7-8680-3E723C980129.jpeg

Will this new design include instructions? I assume I just jack up rear axle and adjust with spanner? I haven’t had a chance to play with it yet, but I want to soon.

I hope so. We are actually coming out with a really nice rear spanner tool that has waaaay more leverage on it. the current tool isnt that great I'll be honest. Theres too much preload ont the spring to really crank on it.

after 3 months of waiting for my kit it showed up last week and I installed it last weekend. After talking with many of you, I went with the 2" setting on the front. It did end up a bit higher in the rear than what most of you reported. Since many reported the front being higher than the rear on the 2.5" setting, Im wondering if eibach increase the rear height a little to cater to the 2.5" lift option. I think at the 2.5" front it would have a nice stance and the front would not be higher than the rear. My final measurements are front 21.5" to CL of hub and rear 23" to CL of hub. This only ended up 1/2" higher than what I thought it could be in the rear and is close to the factory rake profile. the alignment worked out to be almost in spec but close enough for me. went with the no spring compressor method and it worked wonderfully. An added benefit; I had the occasional axle clunk that these rigs tend to get caused by the leveling of the airbag system at stop lights, that clunk is GONE now. everything was fairly straight forward. taping the nuts to some curved needle nose pliers on the rear pukes is a life saver to get them into the shackle.
there is only 1 thing I would do differently next time. after reading some post on another site about the front top bushing wearing out where the shocks punches through the top hat and then wobbling out the top hat and wearing a bit out of the shock stem, next time I would re-use the factor bushings at the top. the factory bushings have a metal sleeve that make the shock rod fit tightly inside the top hat. This would avoid any issues down the road. We dont drive ours much so I doubt I'll ever encounter that issue but wanted to share. I removed the control and installed the tray and now have a nice cell phone holder.
its a nice kit, comes with the airbag delete hardware, went together smoothly, rides good and i am happy with it. I appreciate the the kit having everything you need, its complete. Also came with a bunch of stickers so the kids had a blast putting eibach stickers all over everything.

I’m installing mine Thursday!!! Does the 2.8” lift setting require new UCAs? Also does KDSS interfere with it at all. I remember something about only going to 2.5” on KDSS rigs

Last edited:
I have this kit on backorder but wondering about the rear airbag delete kit that comes with it. the Metal Tech one I just used on my wife's GX has a lower rear spring perch that aligns the spring as does the Icon kit. Looks like the Eibach just has the lower spring centering puck. Any concerns with that approach? Also, nobody having issues NOT using the upper rear secondary isolators (cones)?

I think both designs do the job, never have an issue with our lower puck. Same with the upper. I think Metal Tech and similar use that approach to consolidate an isolator and bumpstop.

Anyone running Air Lift bags with the Eibach springs?
I picked up a set to help when I tow but the air inlet on the bags is dead center on the bottom, even with the spacer the bags come with the nipple will be right on the bolt for the bag delete that comes with the Eibach kit.

I had some squeaking coming from one of the upper spring mounts. Lithium grease appears to have fixed it. Hard plastic on metal is bound to make a little noise.

I'm looking forward to having this kit on my wife's GX. We bought it on 6/3 through Jegs and the expected ship date was 6/18 (shipping direct from Eibach) but so far the item has not even shipped yet. Hopefully it ships soon because we are about to go on a cross country trip in early August.

Anyone running Air Lift bags with the Eibach springs?
I picked up a set to help when I tow but the air inlet on the bags is dead center on the bottom, even with the spacer the bags come with the nipple will be right on the bolt for the bag delete that comes with the Eibach kit.
This guy did:

I'm looking forward to having this kit on my wife's GX. We bought it on 6/3 through Jegs and the expected ship date was 6/18 (shipping direct from Eibach) but so far the item has not even shipped yet. Hopefully it ships soon because we are about to go on a cross country trip in early August.

I can try and dig up your order to see what the status is if you want, just shoot me a line thallihan@eibach.com

I just finished installing this kit last night. In addition to the Eibach kit, I installed JBA uca’s, Durobump bump stops, Ironman adjustable rear sway bar links, new standard front sway bar links, Icon front sway bar relocation brackets, and did the rear diff breather relocation up to the rear door.

This was my first time installing a lift kit so it took me longer than I had expected but the ride quality vs the the stock suspension is night and day better. I left the front struts set at 2”. I’ll be getting an alignment in the next few days but it drove straight as an arrow. New Kenda Klever 255/75/17 are going on SR5 rims.

I also removed the air compressor for the rear suspension and pulled the related fuses, removed the ride height switch and installed a pocket which holds my garage door opener perfectly.

You can do almost all the work by yourself but another set of hands definitely helps if you’re replacing the UCA’s. Also, if doing UCA’s, remove the battery and unbolt the power steering reservoir to make getting the UCA bolts out a bit easier.

4A64CC4B-8FB4-43B1-B77A-762AAF057902.jpeg

7662FC5E-CAF2-460C-9DE5-000163B317E4.jpeg

Look
I just finished installing this kit last night. In addition to the Eibach kit, I installed JBA uca’s, Durobump bump stops, Ironman adjustable rear sway bar links, new standard front sway bar links, Icon front sway bar relocation brackets, and did the rear diff breather relocation up to the rear door.
Looks GREAT! Can't wait to hear from Tanner that kits are in and mine is shipping. Would love to see a shot of yours at 2". With new UCAs, whats the reason you left it at 2" front and not 2.8"?

Look

Looks GREAT! Can't wait to hear from Tanner that kits are in and mine is shipping. Would love to see a shot of yours at 2". With new UCAs, whats the reason you left it at 2" front and not 2.8"?
I stayed at 2” after seeing photos of other 470’s at both heights. I didn’t want the front sitting noticeably higher than the rear although, after doing mine, I’m not sure it would’ve been as noticeable as I had thought. I was also concerned that the ride would be a bit rougher and since this is my wife’s GX, I played it on the safe side. I will run it this way for a while and then consider moving to 2.8”. We are taking it across the Magruder Cooridor here in central Idaho towards the end of August so that’ll be a good test to see how we like it set at 2”.

A couple more tips I thought of when installing this kit:
At least for my vehicle, I did not have to take the tie rods off despite several reference videos I watched showing others doing so.
I bought new KYB top caps for the struts so I did not have to disassemble the old ones. I didn’t see a reason to install old, tired top caps on brand new struts. And for piece of mind, I paint marked pretty much all the major nuts/bolts so I could see if anything was backing out/loosening up as time goes by.

The Icon sway bar bracket doesn’t come with installation instructions as it’s pretty self explanatory. However, I screwed up since it was the last thing I had to do after the install was complete. I was tired and on auto pilot and made the mistake of installing the supplied bolts into the recessed holes of the brackets. They fit perfectly and we’re the same diameter as the stock bolts so I zipped them into the frame holes with my drill. AFTERWARDS, I realized the stock bolts were meant to go into the recessed holes and the supplied bolts, which are meant to hold the sway bay to the new relocation brackets, were not the same thread pitch. I ended up cross threading all 4 frame holes!

Instead of a 2 day install, it took 3 as I had to spend most of the day Sunday running around to locate the appropriate tap (12mm x 1.25), drill bit (27/64”) and bolts. I ended up using grade 12.9 12mm x 1.25 Allen bolts to make it all work. It was over 100 degrees and smokey as hell that day so it was about as miserable as it could get rolling around on the garage floor all day. Big mistake on my part. Hope this helps others avoid doing the same.

Thanks for the details! I daily drive mine and off-road when camping/hunting so probably going to stick with 2.0". Especially if I want to skip UCAs....

Thanks for the details! I daily drive mine and off-road when camping/hunting so probably going to stick with 2.0". Especially if I want to skip UCAs....
Here’s a couple before/after pics. Not the same light and angle but still shows the change pretty well. The first pic is completely stock the second pic is after the Eibach install. The third pic is after the Kenda Klever 255/75/17 went on to the SR5 wheels. I also included a pic of the Michelin 265/65/17 Defender LTX vs the Kenda Klever MT 255/75/17. The Michelin’s are at about 30% worn. The running boards are the next thing go
CA0F99AA-8447-412D-AE8A-152B246F2965.jpeg
9834D542-BF99-493D-A060-D28650EB1562.jpeg
10A1F3AD-F5E4-4789-94C4-53D539CD2C17.jpeg
D1292EE2-2030-4A22-A227-FD0124C3221C.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom