Eibach pro-truck lift kit review? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just finished installing this kit last night, install was very straight forward.
Still waiting on an alignment, but the ride is as good or better than stock.
I got 3" front lift and 2" rear on the lowest front strut setting. Original struts had 120k so there was likely some sagging.

I have used Eibach products on several of my other vehicles, so I have no concerns over quality.

ask the alignment technician to max the caster on the lower control arm first, then bring in the camber and toe. He was able to get me 3.4 and 3.6 caster on each side and bring camber and toe within spec. Steering wheel tracks fine with no hands or vibrations and ride is wonderful!

Just finished installing this kit last night, install was very straight forward.
Still waiting on an alignment, but the ride is as good or better than stock.
I got 3" front lift and 2" rear on the lowest front strut setting. Original struts had 120k so there was likely some sagging.

I have used Eibach products on several of my other vehicles, so I have no concerns over quality.

Where did you get it?
And, if you don't mind, what was the cost?
Thanks

Where did you get it?
And, if you don't mind, what was the cost?
Thanks
I purchased it from Summit Racing in April(Shipped in July due to Covid delays).
They may have had a pricing issue, because I only paid $570 for the whole kit. It is now listed a bit higher on their site.
Though I would still recommend it at the ~$800 that seems to be common.

I purchased it from Summit Racing in April(Shipped in July due to Covid delays).
They may have had a pricing issue, because I only paid $570 for the whole kit. It is now listed a bit higher on their site.
Though I would still recommend it at the ~$800 that seems to be common.

That was a steal...minimum pricing now seems in effect, $810.
Comes with the airbag delete parts, right? Before and after pics much appreciated as well if you have the time.
R

Hi Guys,

Just a heads up, I work at Eibach and own a GX470 with our kit. I can try to answer any questions you may have on this kit. Just chiming/sub'd so I can see notifications.

I've been with Eibach for 10 years and was involved in the initial prototypes of this kit.

That was a steal...minimum pricing now seems in effect, $810.
Comes with the airbag delete parts, right? Before and after pics much appreciated as well if you have the time.
R

Comes with all the hardware to remove to the bags in the back. we supply the axle pucks and bolts/washers to install it. The only thing our kit doesnt come with is the front strut top mounts which you'll swap over from your existing stock setup.

What are the spring rates?
How much 'settling' can we expect (give or take) after the lift has been on for a while?

Thanks very much for chiming in!

The rates are 575 front and 225 rear.

Settling only takes about two days from what we've seen here.

Excellent, thanks very much for the rates.
As for the settling...I should have been more clear, how much settling can we anticipate? The PO stated something like 3" in the front, I'm hoping for less, like 2 or thereabouts so I don't have to do UCA's quite yet.
R

The rates are 575 front and 225 rear.

Settling only takes about two days from what we've seen here.
Thanks for the information. In terms of the front spring rate, how did you arrive at selecting 575 lbs/in as opposed to say 600 lbs/in? I’ve always thought that 600 would be better for a Gx470 due to the heavier engine

Excellent, thanks very much for the rates.
As for the settling...I should have been more clear, how much settling can we anticipate? The PO stated something like 3" in the front, I'm hoping for less, like 2 or thereabouts so I don't have to do UCA's quite yet.
R

the bottom clip is pretty true to a 2'' lift once it settles after a few days. Of course people will have various lift numbers depending on how many miles are on the factory springs.

Thanks for the information. In terms of the front spring rate, how did you arrive at selecting 575 lbs/in as opposed to say 600 lbs/in? I’ve always thought that 600 would be better for a Gx470 due to the heavier engine

We tried to stay pretty close to the factory rates. Honestly this kit rides fantastic with stock bumpers. If you had some weight up front with a bumper and a winch, etc... I'd say this kit is technically undersprung for those builds but still rides really well with weight applied.

There are companies out there that offer higher rated kits already, but I've personally ridden on those kits with factory bumpers and it just doesnt ride well in my opinion.

Hi Guys,

Just a heads up, I work at Eibach and own a GX470 with our kit. I can try to answer any questions you may have on this kit. Just chiming/sub'd so I can see notifications.

I've been with Eibach for 10 years and was involved in the initial prototypes of this kit.

Do you know the spring rates for the springs eibach produces for toytec? Also, do you work with Tony Jackson?

Do you know the spring rates for the springs eibach produces for toytec? Also, do you work with Tony Jackson?
Sorry I dont have access to the custom/spec details for Toytec and the other companies we produce for. I would recommend calling them direct for help. They have a solid team over there.

And yep, not only do I work with Tony, but we've been good friends for over 15 years! We are old.

@HomersCanyonero Also, one could argue that the canyonero was primarily driven by Marge. I'm sure Homer's name was on the title but he gave it to Marge.

You know your Simpson trivia, but MargesCanyonero didn’t sound as good as a handle for me. I came up with it when I drove the 80 and it felt like a gas guzzling reckless tank with all the armour

Bump this back up a bit..

Anymore users, pics, feedback on this kit?

Our gx470 airbags are toast, upgrading to this kit, or a dobinsons as soon as I can decide.

Thx fellas.

Our gx470 airbags are toast, upgrading to this kit, or a Dobinsons as soon as I can decide.

Thx fellas.
I just installed the Eibach Pro Truck shocks on my 1998 100 series. I already had these "2 inch" Dobinsons springs and these OME spacers. This was supposed to equate to about a 2.4 inch lift over stock, but I ended up with about 1.7 inches over stock. However, I had seen these same Dobinsons springs listed as 1.5" on several overseas websites, so I was actually expecting 1.5". The ride with these shocks is really good. The overall feel reminds me of the Bilstein 5160's I had on my Jeep, but with a much more compliant initial impact. So firm, but more compliant. I cannot really give a full 'review' of them yet, but I am sure they will be great. I will post an update after some more miles and some off road activity.
IMG_4721.jpg
IMG_4726.jpg
IMG_4727.jpg
IMG_4728.jpg

Our gx470 airbags are toast, upgrading to this kit, or a dobinsons as soon as I can decide.

Thx fellas.

Let me know if you have any questions on it it. I know I sound like a used car salesman..but its impossible to keep this kit on the shelf. So whatever we did, it must be working!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom