Eibach lift kit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Factory is offset to the left. Unless you've dropped something aftermarket under the hood and somehow resolved the driveline hitting the oil pan of a centered engine, you'll be offset to the left.

Factory is offset to the left. Unless you've dropped something aftermarket under the hood and somehow resolved the driveline hitting the oil pan of a centered engine, you'll be offset to the left.
Above my pay grade at this point.
I was assuming I did it right.

You probably did it all right - not all kits will correct for the left/ right stance difference. Typically one side runs 1/2" or so longer than the other. I have 1/2" spacers for the left hand side of my truck that came with my kit and I still have a lower left right height than right which is why I'm interested in talking to Eibach and grabbing some new springs.

You probably did it all right - not all kits will correct for the left/ right stance difference. Typically one side runs 1/2" or so longer than the other. I have 1/2" spacers for the left hand side of my truck that came with my kit and I still have a lower left right height than right which is why I'm interested in talking to Eibach and grabbing some new springs.

Give it a year and I bet the 80 will have the lean with the eibach springs. They just need to break in.

Eibach pro truck lift with all the necessary adjustments caster correction, sway bar extensions, adjustable panhard, brake line extensions and associated brackets. Rides fantastic compared to the 30 year old stock suspension. Gained just over 3in
If u don’t mind piecing it all together It’s a great suspension.

EC64E2CB-E5B9-4725-BE8E-3B5CC16D2AD6.jpeg

Ive got Eibach pro kit for about a year. It's decent for mild offroading but a bit soft when all gears and stuff are inside. I just installed extended brake lines and delta panhard brackets. If you plan to add more armor like front and rear bumpers I wont get this as it sags on mine without steel bumpers.

IMG_20210415_225346_720.jpg

IMG_20210520_175451_357.jpg

Last edited:
Old thread but man, some people questioning Eibach coils is comical.

They don't make their own coils, and the same goes for many companies like Toytec, King, and more.

One main manufacturer supplies coils for the above companies.

Get that 100 series out of here!!!!

Haha, 😜

Give it a year and I bet the 80 will have the lean with the eibach springs. They just need to break in.
Well, let me join the club guys, Im am absolutely HATING my EIBACHS...... completely. Ive had them 6 months, maybe a bit more... 7? This isnt normal, and this is getting worse every day.
WhatsApp Image 2022-04-20 at 2.08.07 PM.jpeg

PLUS, they are compressed far more in the back than in the front. Loaded or unloaded trunk , with our without the tent! WITH our WITHOUT the trash bag

WhatsApp Image 2022-04-20 at 12.11.09 PM.jpeg

I was reffered to this thread by @leonard_nemoy BTW, still havent found a solution, I didnt see this thread and opened my own

Well, let me join the club guys, Im am absolutely HATING my EIBACHS...... completely. Ive had them 6 months, maybe a bit more... 7? This isnt normal, and this is getting worse every day.
View attachment 2987372

PLUS, they are compressed far more in the back than in the front. Loaded or unloaded trunk , with our without the tent! WITH our WITHOUT the trash bag

View attachment 2987373

I was reffered to this thread by @leonard_nemoy BTW, still havent found a solution, I didnt see this thread and opened my own
I don't think the eibach was designed for the weight u are throwing around.
Light duty no bumpers is how they described it to me on the phone when I bought them.

My old $1,500 Icon 3" lift was a decent entry level setup for light to medium weight, with that said, it comes with caster correction, sway bar drops, etc. for a more complete kit. I have since replaced with Dobinson IMS shocks, and the 4 shocks alone were almost like $1,500. You get what you paid for...

My old $1,500 Icon 3" lift was a decent entry level setup for light to medium weight, with that said, it comes with caster correction, sway bar drops, etc. for a more complete kit. I have since replaced with Dobinson IMS shocks, and the 4 shocks alone were almost like $1,500. You get what you paid for...
As an update, I wanna trash my iebach Spirals, and make sure they are not used even as recycling material... piece of crap springs.

As an update, I wanna trash my iebach Spirals, and make sure they are not used even as recycling material... piece of crap springs.
How much weight do you suppose you have in the back and then add the tent and roof rack?

I regularly carry 600+ lbs of tools and stuff in my LC (work stuff) and I have added air bags for those days I'm going to be REAL heavy. I have OME heavy springs on all 4 corners and without the load, the rear is very high compared to the front and it rides VERY rough. I have stock rear bumper and a 12K winch on the front with minimal bumper (but I do have a steel cable)

That looks to be riding very low for your needs.

I chose OME (Old Man Emu) because of the years of use by lots of folks. They may not be the "in" choice, but I wanted reliable, tried, and true without becoming a guinea pig for someone. That said, I wish I would have installed OEM Tokico shocks instead of the OME performance ones. (read stiff)

How much weight do you suppose you have in the back and then add the tent and roof rack?

I regularly carry 600+ lbs of tools and stuff in my LC (work stuff) and I have added air bags for those days I'm going to be REAL heavy. I have OME heavy springs on all 4 corners and without the load, the rear is very high compared to the front and it rides VERY rough. I have stock rear bumper and a 12K winch on the front with minimal bumper (but I do have a steel cable)

That looks to be riding very low for your needs.

I chose OME (Old Man Emu) because of the years of use by lots of folks. They may not be the "in" choice, but I wanted reliable, tried, and true without becoming a guinea pig for someone. That said, I wish I would have installed OEM Tokico shocks instead of the OME performance ones. (read stiff)
Thank you.

Well, I have made the following calculations and it all shows I might need a constant load OME Rear spring kit, 200KG one.

Rear:

Roof Rack: 70 Lbs
Pullpal: 40 Lbs
Roof Lights LED Bar: 5 Lbs
Tent: 150 Lbs
Awning: 20 lbs
Recovery Gear America: 25 Lbs
Chairs, Tables and Others: 40 Lbs
Hatchet, Machette, Axe, Shovels: 20 Lbs
Tent Extras: 10 Lbs
Others and Tools: 30 Lbs

410lbs (187 KG)

Front:

Bullbar: 100 lbs
WInch: 83 lbs

183 Lbs (83 KG)

187+83= 270KG. Stick to the constant load 200kg?

From what it seems I need the OME Front 51kg-100KG Springs...

Now, 80% of the time its me and my girl, plus the fore mentioned, but htey said we dont count as constant load as we are on the axel axis. I dont know about that.

Thought so far? Do I have the concept right?

Last edited:
Thank you.

Well, I have made the following calculations and it all shows I might need a constant load OME Rear spring kit, 200KG one.

Rear:

Roof Rack: 70 Lbs
Pullpal: 40 Lbs
Roof Lights LED Bar: 5 Lbs
Tent: 150 Lbs
Awning: 20 lbs
Recovery Gear America: 25 Lbs
Chairs, Tables and Others: 40 Lbs
Hatchet, Machette, Axe, Shovels: 20 Lbs
Tent Extras: 10 Lbs
Others and Tools: 30 Lbs

410lbs (187 KG)

Front:

Bullbar: 100 lbs
WInch: 83 lbs

183 Lbs (83 KG)

187+83= 270KG. Stick to the constant load 200kg?

From what it seems I need the OME Front 51kg-100KG Springs...

Now, 80% of the time its me and my girl, plus the fore mentioned, but htey said we dont count as constant load as we are on the axel axis. I dont know about that.

Thought so far? Do I have the concept right?
The following links are to Cruiser Outfitters and you can glean the technical specs from their website.

I am going to guess and say you need the heavy springs in front and the medium in rear, but I would consider air bags to inflate when you know you're going to be heavy.

Otherwise, go heavy in front and rear.

I love my Air Lift bags. They've been in the back of my Cruiser for five odd years. I'm not easy on my rig either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom