egr vacuum modulator (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Thanks for all the help that you have been giving w/out even knowing. I just started resurecting an 84 fj60 that was parked for 11 years. It's running, but rough.
The egr vacuum modulator's plastic top is partially melted. There has been no fire or excessive heat so I can't understand how it could have melted from the outside. I'm not sure if it is functioning correctly. Is there any easy way to check?

I suspect water in the fuel tank. Called two local dealers today and found that the open recall on the fuel tank is not being honored anymore... bummer.

This cruiser only has 38,000 miles on the speedometer and needs to be roaming the rockies.

thanks, griff

Welcome. Boy do I wish I had a cruiser with those low miles...

Re the EGR modulator - you need to get the FSM (Field Service Manual) which details how to check every single part of the emissions system. Actually, you need the FSM + the 2F engine manual + the emissions manual. Three books, but worth the moola.

Re the fuel tank - call a different dealer. It's a safety recal, and has no time limit.

If you only want to spend a bit, just buy the emissions manual. It's like $14 or something direct from Toyota publications. Any dealer can give you the phone number if they don't want to order the book for you.

And welcome! Plenty of Colorado folks on here...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom