EGR question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I’ve been reading on how to disable the EGR valve. The paper clip method for the temp sensor to trick the computer. Either plugging, or looping vacuum lines. But what I don’t understand is if my EGR failed and is stuck open don’t I need to do something to get it closed before disabling it or am I not on the right thought process? In my mind disabling it won’t do anything if it’s stuck open. I have the 71 code and rough/low idle currently. Thanks in advance.

I see no point in de-activating it without also removing it. And by removing it, you cap the ports so it doesnt matter what state it is / was in before removal. Your engine wiring harness will thank you for it. Mine wasn't burned yet but I was able to see the heat starting to do its dirty work back there.

I see no point in de-activating it without also removing it. And by removing it, you cap the ports so it doesnt matter what state it is / was in before removal. Your engine wiring harness will thank you for it. Mine wasn't burned yet but I was able to see the heat starting to do its dirty work back there.
So putting a plate on the intake is easy enough but what about the exhaust side? Do you you literally put some sort of cap on the pipe or is there somewhere else to plug it off? Suggestion on a cap that works? Thank you

Yeah both ends have a similar flange. Pretty sure both my caps are just the flanges I cut off the original parts and filled the hole with weld before re mounting as original. Nothing permanent.

EGR deleted. Capped both ends. Can someone guide me to the thread or link with detailed pictures on what additional should be removed. Novice wrencher.

EGR deleted. Capped both ends. Can someone guide me to the thread or link with detailed pictures on what additional should be removed. Novice wrencher.
Check these out:

For future reference, you can use the search on this forum or even google for timely answers to your questions. Hope these threads help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom