EGR Modulator Broke-Do I need it? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
To start this is not an EGR deleting question. So I broke two of the nipples on the EGR Modulator working on my heater control valve so now two of my hoses are not connected to the EGR modulator. I believe the part number is 25870-66011.

I'm new to the LC world so forgive me if this is a dumb question. My question is, if two of my hoses are not connected to the EGR modulator is it going to hurt anything if I drive the LC? Is this something I need to replace? if so, can someone confirm I have the correct part number. My LC is an FZJ 80 1995.

I have contemplated delete the ERG since I live in AL and they don't care about exhaust issues but I'm not sure of the process to do it and that's not my concern at the moment.

Thanks for the help guys.

IMG_2648.jpg

You will enjoy an EGR code for insufficient flow and check engine light without the modulator. It's around $50 as I recall for a new one, but I'll defer to others as to the correct part number. Do you need it? Up to you. EGR won't function without it, and check engine light will stay illuminated.

You will enjoy an EGR code for insufficient flow and check engine light without the modulator. It's around $50 as I recall for a new one, but I'll defer to others as to the correct part number. Do you need it? Up to you. EGR won't function without it, and check engine light will stay illuminated.
Thanks for the information. If it's just a check engine light I'm not worried about that. I just want to make sure there won't be any damage due to it not working. I will replace it soon, but just want to make sure I can drive it until the part comes in.

if you want to get rid of the check engine light you can use a resistor in place of the temperature sensor for the EGR. Worked on my 1997. There are a bunch of threads on this if you do some searching

Yes, you can drive it with no damage.

It will idle poorly.
It will get horrible gas mileage.
The check engine light will be on.

So.....Almost normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom