Well I have been battling this EGR issue for the past week. Yesterday I finally had enough. I replaced all the vacuum hoses and other stuff. Last night I pulled the EGR to inspect and clean. I dont have any photo's... but I can tell you this. The rubber diaphragm was melted in several places. So being I dont have the money to replace the part I decided to try and fix it. Maybe it will last long enough to allow me to save up and buy one. Anyway I peeled the crimped edge along the housing where it is located. Pulled it open. Cleaned everything up. And well.... I have this brand new roll of gorilla tape... and that stuff has not let me down yet for other projects... so I decided wtf... why not... so I made a membrane out of duct tape and put everything back together. Ok... now I know I am going to jinx myself... but so far the check engine lamp has not come on... and I hope it stays that way.