EGR gas cooler (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cruiserjunktion

Cruiserjunktion@gmail.com
GOLD Star
Threads
I purchased a used 71 TLC from California. I am now installing a 2 piece header from edlebrock on my it. I need to remove the egr gas cooler to make room. What does this piece do? Do all fjs have this piece? My Chilton says it came on California models after 74. Could my motor be a later model? My egr cooler has been modified by the p/o. He welded the top tube shut..... so it probally isn't doing much as is. The other tube coming from the egr cooler is connected to the xhaust manifold. Thanks

What is your serial number stamped into the block on the flat surface by the starter motor?

You should be able to remove this, and not think twice about it....

2f 065475...... I HAVE A 2f sweet....... I never knew. I have only driven this cruiser once.
I purchased it form ebay and tore it apart the day it arrived. The po stated it was "all original" Should I pull the head from my 74 and put it on the 2f? Won't this give me higher compression and better oiling?

mel lowe said:
2f 065475...... I HAVE A 2f sweet....... I never knew. I have only driven this cruiser once.
I purchased it form ebay and tore it apart the day it arrived. The po stated it was "all original" Should I pull the head from my 74 and put it on the 2f? Won't this give me higher compression and better oiling?

You would get higher compression, but I do not know how the oiling of the engine is improved by using an earlier cylinder head....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom