EGR delete causes increased temp? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’m going to ✔ the cooling system. I am also with the majority that the heating problem is not the EGR delete. The dial was still midline when the OBD reader was showing 217 temp.

I kept the EGR delete kit and ordered a new clutch fan from Wits End and installed the auxiliary fan. I also ordered a new radiator and hoses but haven’t had time to install them.

The new blue clutch fan and auxiliary fan makes a difference but it still does go above 200.

I kept the EGR delete kit and ordered a new clutch fan from Wits End and installed the auxiliary fan. I also ordered a new radiator and hoses but haven’t had time to install them.

The new blue clutch fan and auxiliary fan makes a difference but it still does go above 200.

Did you delete the rear heater? I did that to mine since I'm in good ole Texas, it definitely helped when it was 115 F outside lol. My 1996 never goes over 194 F but I don't have hills to climb either, Good luck

EGR deleted well over a year ago and did not see any temp increases,even sitting in traffic in the georgia heat with the a/c running.
i am using an OBD1 too scan to monitor engine temp,when i was sitting at a stop light i would see 197-203(a/c),blue hub fan dropped me down to 191-193.

I believe...(could have this wrong?) that the EGR modulator function is - that it enables EGR only when there is moderate exhaust gas pressure, i.e. at mid throttle and mid RPM, which is when fuel mixture is under closed loop control, and things can be optimized for emissions, etc. BUT-when you are climbing or accelerating - exhaust gas flow and pressure increases above the modulator threshold, and it shuts off the exhaust re-circulation path, so that system doesn't have to cope with extreme heat loads.
So-if you have deleted/disabled EGR-it's always just in the "normal" non-recirculating condition, and so - that cannot be the cause of your overheating?

I believe...(could have this wrong?) that the EGR modulator function is - that it enables EGR only when there is moderate exhaust gas pressure, i.e. at mid throttle and mid RPM, which is when fuel mixture is under closed loop control, and things can be optimized for emissions, etc. BUT-when you are climbing or accelerating - exhaust gas flow and pressure increases above the modulator threshold, and it shuts off the exhaust re-circulation path, so that system doesn't have to cope with extreme heat loads.
So-if you have deleted/disabled EGR-it's always just in the "normal" non-recirculating condition, and so - that cannot be the cause of your overheating?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom