EGR/Alarm and Skitzoid Embolism!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok... 1.
I have searched but I found so many thread on the subject but so far not the info I am looking for. I found many threads about the EGR code and how it works and how to check it and what to check next. But with the workload I have right now I don't have time to try to fix this. But I have a friend who runs a shop in town that can. What I am tring to do is save him time and me money by finding out what is likely the problem, and If that is not it then, it most be this etc.

What should he look for on a 94 cruiser with about 170k?

Sometimes does not ide well and tries to die ( or does) when you come to a stop. My old truck did this It was a interm. Mass air sencer prob.

2. Did not search for but the Alarm now Automatically sets when close the door. I hate this. It make me very :mad: when somone goes to get in the truck at home and the fffffing Alarm goes off. :beer:

Check the tech section at slee's site for info on the alarms.

I have a '95 that I had trouble with the same thing. I couldn't figure out what alarm I had because I have a the remote for one style with a different alarm.

Check out
https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=50408&highlight=alarm

This might help.

Steve

Look under the back of your drivers seat and if you see an alarm unit like this:
alarm1.JPG

Then you have the same as I do, the TVSS. Put the far (left) drivers side switch in the center position for "Passive Arming off". That makes the alarm only arm when you press the remote button. And only disarms when you hit the remote.... So if you hit the remote to arm it, then unlock the door with the key, the alarm will still go off. There are no disarm switches in my door lock at least.

If that is not your alarm, check out the RS3000 link on Beowulfs site:
RS3000 index
BTW, that is also where I got the TVSS instructions, thanks again Beowulf!

Hope that helps with the alarm, no idea on the EGR though.
-Gary

NorCalSam said:
What should he look for on a 94 cruiser with about 170k?

EGR modulator, EGR passages and hoses, VSV for EGR, EGR valve, EGR temp sensor (in that order.)

NorCalSam said:
Sometimes does not ide well and tries to die ( or does) when you come to a stop. My old truck did this It was a interm. Mass air sencer prob.

Check for cracks in the big rubber hose that goes between the air filter canister and the plenum.

-B-

Last edited:
Beo's got it.

DougM

Thanks again Guys for all your help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom