EFI (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
well rebuilding my 2f and have decided to switch over to fuel injection, what do I need an obd2 system? what do I do about computer chips, throttle body adapter plates and distributor, can I put the guts from the 4.3 distributor into the straight six hei disributor. and so any help would be much appreiciated.

There is a LandCruiser EFI mailing list you'll want to get on and read their archives. Check the List and Boards link here and se what they've got.

Also, Mike Smythe has the adapter for the TBI onto the 2F....http://www.iei.net/msmythe/ (I think...)

The system you'll run is TBI, and thats much simpler than OBD2....computer is the 1227747 ECM.

There's been an awful lot on the TLCA in the last few months. A look through the archives there might help. Floyd Bufkin and Chad something have about got it licked with a ported system after Chad got the TBI all figured out. He'll burn the prom for you since the stock 4.3L V-6 prom doesn't really work that well. There's another guy doing it too, but you can check out the archives and find it there. One of those two guys has posted a link for an adapter made from an aluminum block. Let me know if you can't find the stuff and I'll see if I can't find it. I'm sure they are on the Landcruiser EFI list.
dyi-efi.com is good for general technical info. Theres a couple of Heep guys that have put the GM system on their 4.0Ls as well. A google search will turn those up.
Stay clear of Downeys system. I helped Andy Litkowiak with his and it was a half-assed nightmare. Downey lost my business for ever by putting that contraption out as a finished product. :mad:

Here's your answer, "Turbo City". Run a seach for them on-line. They make a "BOLT ON", "COMPLETE TBI KIT" for the 2f engine. It cost's about $1,200 but considering it includes all wiring harnesses, computer, o2 sensor, new distributor w/ magnetic pickup, and Throttle body that fits, along with everything else that you will need and instructions then I would say that's cheap. No hassle's are worth the price. The only downfall is that it will raise your idle speed around 150rpm's. Most 2f's with carbs will idle at around 450 which is nice and with the Turbo City TBI it will be at about 600 so it will drive nicer on road but not so nice for crawling. If you want to trick it out you can create a switch to make it idle slower for crawling. If you have any questions just shoot back. HTH
ddwwxse

Turbo city is including a distributor now? When I checked a year or so ago, they didn't provide the distributor. Also, their system isn't user programmable. Another provider is Customefis (www.customefis.com). His setup is $840 and I think he has done a few Land Cruisers. He is also very helpful in problem diagnostics.

Also, check out the Tech section here at IH8MUD.

Brandon

I'm positive the kit that I looked at included a distributor. Also regarding customefis.com; they do make an excellent kit and they can customize it to whatever you want but the reason that I sudjested turbo city is because of the ease of application/installation and the fact that everything is completely new. Customefis uses used TBI systems from 4.3L engines in mid 80's chevy astro vans. Nothing wrong with that but its not new equipment. If you want though the guys at customefis will replace the injectors with new ones for a extremely cheap price I believe $70 and do other mods for very few $$$. Both are really good options.
ddwwxse

thanks guys I will check all that out, the turbo city sounds good but for that much I think I would get holley pro injection, just because it is programable(i think), but I am trying to get away with as little $$$ as possible, I think I can piece one together from a junkyard, I already am having to rebuild my motor, OH, I figured out why my motor blew it wasn't because I was driving 90mph, the valve thats inside the toyota oil filters broke and restricted all the oil to the engine, makes me want to call toyota and raise hell, that was a new motor only had about 5,000 miles on it. Maybe they will give me a new 2f. lol

well I cant find any archives on tlca?Hate to be such a burden, do you have a link?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom