EFI (Sniper, AFI, other)/ V8 conversions, Gas pedal mods? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
For those that have done EFI (Sniper, AFI, other)/ V8 conversions. What gas pedal mods have you done?

I have seen some where the stock FJ60 gas pedal was used either with a rod directly to the throttle body from the stock pedal, or a cable utilizing the hand throttle hole.

I also know of one that did a FJ62 pedal mod to a FJ60 bracket. I was looking at this myself and mocked one up since it almost hits a hole that seems to be factory on the FJ60 (high on the firewall next to the brake booster,).
Capture.JPG

My observations so far. Note that I am using a FItech 4barrel throttle body, but this should not make a difference on the basic functionality from what I can see.

1. The rod from the stock pedal to the throttle body does not open up the butterflys enough (like 3/4 instead of full). This is a problem so I have ruled it out.
2. This is also a concern on the cable driven solution. Has anyone seen this.
3. the FJ62 pedal while will work and actually is in the correct position once mounted does not line up with this hole in the firewall (off by 1/16-1/4) and I am concerned with binding

Routing for a cable is not an issue (using a Lokar) as I will have more than enough slack and using a cable mount for the throttle body it lines it up without binding and odd angles.

What have you experienced?

LS swap with a DBC throttle body here.

I used a Lokar LS throttle cable from the stock 60 pedal to the TB. Drilled a hole in the firewall just onboard of the lower edge of the brake booster heat shield.

Edit: I had to adjust the cable at the TB end and adjust the lay and throw of the pedal to get full throw but was able to get it dialed in. YMMV.

I have done both used the factory 60 pedai and cut welded it to the fbw gas pedal and have installed the fbw pedal assembly the truck one not the car one done other swaps not in landcruisers with cable.
Tommy

Thank you
I am just trying to get some ideas plus help others looking at doing this.

I will have to see about adjusting the cable better. I am trying to keep the hand throttle, but this may be pointless as it was mainly for a PTO. So I may ditch it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom