efi questions (1 Viewer)

Ok I have a question about efi conversion for the 2f. I've seen a few articles on using GM or F*rd efi's, but why not using a toyota efi off another model?? such as a 60, v6 mini or even supra or cresida?? Is it strictly beacuse of the engine size?

Jared
'74 fj40 w/78 motor, 4spd tans

The 3FE motor is a stock Toyota motor that you can find in the later Land Cruiser modles such as the FJ-80s, these motors have 20+ more horse power than the stock 2F motor, plus, they have a fuel injection.

For the price of a new EFI system ($1000+), you could buy a 3FE motor for $700

Just thought that you might want to know :G

Bonjour,

All my vehicules, since 1973, were EFI. Volvo, Peugeot, Toyotas, except my 2F, all fitted with L-Jetronic Bosch.

I like my 2F since the canadian 2F was born without smog device. It starts each time and is water proof. I would prefer 3BT diesel engine but ...

If I had to convert my carburated 2F to EFI, I would like to minimize changes or I would change the whole engine.

Minimum changes would be using TBI. Here is a nice paper.
http://www.tomquinn.com/lc/2f_fi/index.html
If you go with "full" EFI (instead of TBI), you will have to adapt the intake manifold to hold injectors.

To have "full" EFI, I would prefer to place a twin-turbo supra (or cressida).  :wave:

My two cents :givemebeer:

P.O.

how'd you water proof your 2f. mine faints at the thought of a puddle
Not submersible (no snorkel) but water proof (like watches) means I can cross little river with wavefront upto the middle of the radiator without failure.
P.O.

Bonjour Gumby,
I saw the white LC. I don't know if it got water-proofing problem but, it has snorkel, with full of electronic components (recent LC) that are sensible to water.
P.O.

"Not submersible (no snorkel) but water proof (like watches) means I can cross little river with wavefront upto the middle of the radiator without failure.
P.O. "

if it gets over the wheel centers it coughs and splutters itself to death, half a can of water dispersal stuff in the dizzy, on the battery, on all the plug leads, and on the coil and it usually starts again. so can i ask your secret

if it gets over the wheel centers it coughs and splutters itself to death, half a can of water dispersal stuff in the dizzy, on the battery, on all the plug leads, and on the coil and it usually starts again.  so can i ask your secret

I don't have secret. I bough it like that.

Remark, we don't have submerge croco here :G

P.O.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom