EFI problems, no combustion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Check the connector of the fuel pump

Can you provide more detail? If I'm getting ~12V at the harness and the fuel pump runs when connected to a 12V battery, wouldn't the connector at the pump be good?

Just installed a new OEM fuel pressure regulator, no changes. Still getting 12V at the fuel pump harness while cranking.

The fuel pump need ground to complete the circuit. check to see if there is ground on the cover of the fuel pump.

Ok, I think I did this correctly. Alligator clip and wire from + post on battery to + lead on multimeter. Touched negative multimeter lead to ground point on top of fuel tank and measured 12.8V.

CB46C587-7BED-44EB-BEFD-7203D428D5C8.jpeg

4317A081-800A-4659-8DD6-B3DD6ECA2776.jpeg

78459484-30EC-431C-83D4-812ACE677AE8.jpeg

can u take a close in shot at the blue wire and white wire. from the photo, i see that they going to the same pin.

leave everything connected. Put the Positive lead on the Blue Wire and negative on the ground point on the fuel pump cover. Crank the car, check to see if you see the 12v

Use a test light for your voltage checks. Volts mean nothing, the test light will measure/show you have voltage when a load is provided. You can have 12 volts but no amp/load ability. I have found many a problem like this and it’s usually a corroded connector that slows no load voltage through, but once load is placed on circuit you get nothing.

Thanks for the help guys, I think I solved the issue. I swapped in the original fuel pump relay I kept as a spare and it's cranked every time. The faulty relay I removed was OEM and only three years old, not sure if there's an underlying problem. They both passed the FSM test and clicked when connected to 12V so I assumed the newer one was working properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom