Educate me. (3FE) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The other day I popped my hood and was just staring at my engine trying to lean as much as I can about what things are and how they work. (I know little to nothing about auto mechanics) I would follow a hose to see where is went, or a wire etc... I firgured out a few things.

But I noticed something that got my attention. I think it is th e intake manifold. It's the large piece of grey/silver metal that has the red EFI on it. I noticed that all the gaskets appeared to be new. And a copper colored fitting on the driver's side that is shape like a diamond with two bolts that have 6 stamped on them also appeared to be new. I kept looking around and the throttle cable and housing also look to be very clean. I have done a few good steam cleanings of the engine lately, but these parts look too clean to be 200,000 miles old.

The PO made no mention of having anything rebuilt. But I think he only had the truck for about 7000 miles. Any ideas as if anything has been done based on the info I porovided?

Last edited:
A picture is worth a 1,000 words.

I know it is, but I am as about as educated with posting pics as I am with engines.

Fiveo, heres what you got to do to post a pic. When you do a post, above the box that you type in you will see a bunch of symbols above it, there is a picture of a paper clip next to the happy face, click that and the rest is magic.

:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom