EDIC Replacement Option (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,

My EDIC motor and controller both have failed and I was just wondering, if there are any other options I could use to replace it?

I'm not to keen on having a rod coming through the firewall.

My 78 bj43 (R.I.P.) had a simple cable - push for cold start and pull to stop.

Pete

It require you to have a little electronic fiddling skills, but you could mount a stepper motor instead of the EDIC system and program/code a micro controller to run the stepper motor as you self feel fit. Either by the ignition and oil pressure as per standard or a simple on off switch ....

morse control cable
I also seen one that was a brake line running into the cab, just push it and the truck stops

Take it to an electronics shop and have it rebuilt.

....My EDIC motor and controller both have failed....

How do you know that BOTH have failed. Sometimes it's the controller with bad solder joints and sometimes it's the EDIC motor due to bad/dirty contacts. But both at the same time...????

Rudi

Both going out at the same does not seem likely.
But if you want to replace the edic system, I saw a setup once where someone had used a manual cable in place of it. I dont know what the cable was exactly or where she got it, but it was thick and strong. Looked like one of those old choke cables but burlier. It was mounted on the dash and she simply pulled on it or pushed it in to place it in the respective start (extra fuel) or stop (cutoff) positions. Without any push/pull on it, the cable was lax and the stop lever on the pump (where the edic arm connects) simply stayed in the "run" position, which is where it is at if you disconnect the edic arm while leaving the engine running.

Just fix the original system. Don't jerry-rig some hookie mess. you can buy the parts you need, if you look...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom