Edelbrock IAS Shocks

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by Bear80, Jun 24, 2005.

1. Bear80

Bear80

Media:
    Albums:
    Well I finally got an email back from Edelbrock about my shocks. The shocks have been great but the other day I posted about my poor RTI ramp performance. Turns out the IAS shocks aren't as long as I had thought. Edelbrock lists the shocks to take up to a 3" lift, but they come up alittle short.

Front, #33999 - 14"/23"(585mm)
    Rear, #34999 - 14"/24"(610mm)

I looked back at RavienTai's post and the Edelbrock shocks are the same length as Bilstien shocks that are listed for no lift. Well I still think the Edelbrock have been great shocks and by far are better than OME for ride on and off road. Yet if I want to pose better I might get longer shocks. :D

2. semlin

semlin discouraged user

Media:
    Albums:
    those bilsteins are rated for 50mm lift in australia and raventai is finding they lift the truck in normal operation but I can see how overall length would affect ramp performance.

if you have full stats for these shocks would you mind posting it onto the koni/bilstein shock selection FAQ so all the shock length info is one place.

also do you have stinkbug? The 1" variance between front and rear lengths is a lot greater than on other shock options.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.