Ecu fuse blowing in a 62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CenTXFJ60

SILVER Star
Threads
So this started happening in my brothers 62 @kmj64 during the trip to SAS6 in Ouray back in August. On trails the truck would shut off without warning as he was blowing the ecu fuse. @Zjohnsonua and @samc2447 were helping him limp it along (plus many other mud friends) and actually thought the issue was resolved at one point. Kevin enjoyed the week with a couple shut downs and then it went to hell in a hand basket Thursday of that week while coming down from Imogene. Coop trailered the truck back to TX and I’ve (with the help of Zack Johnson and @mcguirejohnson my son) gone through all the relays etc associated with the fuel side of the electronics. The truck has never had any electrical issues over the years and we kept thinking it had to be something with recent add-ons (ARB compressor, LED lights, stereo etc). Unplugged everything and kept having issues intermittently. While Kevin is at the barn today pickling around he decided to remove the ARB compressor so he could reposition his alternate power block on the inner fender. Low and behold he finds the plug (assuming left over from the Desmog) under the ARB bracket and the wires are exposed. I’m very optimistic this is what’s causing his issue. Anyone have any feedback on what this plug is for (two yellow/red wires that are hot with the key) and if it’s possibly causing him to lose the ecu fuse? Thanks. Jimmy and Kevin.

5B824618-96DA-4A0A-AEE9-C00F21BE0A90.png

FC8B3292-1320-4486-A953-FC772C329E65.jpeg

Short it and see if you blow the fuse(s). Only way to rule it out or in

Great call CD. Worked like a charm. And there’s evidence on the washer where it was pinched/arching. Better lucky than good. I’d say case closed

9E2BC265-7E4E-4013-9C41-03C733AA9150.jpeg

87BB978D-8EF5-46B1-909C-763201607982.jpeg

My 62 randomly blew the ecu fuse on the first drive, and it was an original fuse. I’ll be watching this.

Awesome Jimmy. I would not try repeating the problem in case of a heart attack. Fuses are cheap. 😁😁😁😁.

Heard too the ARB compressors in the engine bay do not last long. I would move it elsewhere.

Last edited:
Great call CD. Worked like a charm. And there’s evidence on the washer where it was pinched/arching. Better lucky than good. I’d say case closed

View attachment 3179037

View attachment 3179039

Jimmy ,

if you need ANY oem electrical connector plugs please don't hesitate to ask

i can have anything you need in the mail right away to you ........

you can fit a few in your TEq Stocking as you need :santa:

matt

(1.1).jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom