ECU compatability. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi
My computer is out on my 87,22Re Itasca ipurchased a month ago .
My ecu # is 89661-35040 .I found and am holding a 35060. Will that work and if so what measures do i need to take.Also icl cannot find pinout data for either and could use some help. This has been a long tirsome and expensive diagnosis and am ready for some uplufting news if possible.
Thank you
Pretty deflated but not faded

Hi
My computer is out on my 87,22Re Itasca ipurchased a month ago .
My ecu # is 89661-35040 .I found and am holding a 35060. Will that work and if so what measures do i need to take.Also icl cannot find pinout data for either and could use some help. This has been a long tirsome and expensive diagnosis and am ready for some uplufting news if possible.
Thank you
Pretty deflated but not faded

This is the 80 series Land Cruiser section. Not the 22R-E pickup truck section.

You will want to post in the relevant section on MUD.

Here: 95-older Toyota Truck Tech

Way wrong section, can mods move this?

Well, welcome to our slice of MUD. We welcome newcomers, and offer free cases of butt cream should you wander into uncharted territory.

That said. Good luck. I currently run a 1986/87 4WD (-35070) computer in my 1985.

My computer is out on my 87,22Re. My ecu # is 89661-35040. I found and am holding a 35060. Will that work and if so what measures do i need to take.

According to my stuff the -35140 is 2WD 8708-8808 (1988 model). The -35060 is 2WD 8508-8708 (1986 & 1987 models.)

and if so what measures do i need to take.

Plug it in. Turn the key. Cross your fingers.

Edit: Those 80 boys can be a rough crowd. Glad you made it over here unscathed. My offer for butt cream still stands. :cheers:

Last edited:
Here is the 22R-E ECU chart that I have.

Since you have a Toyota Cab & Chassis model (which the Itasca RV body was installed onto), the original ECU was the 2 wheel drive 1 Ton version (89661-35040). Your replacement ECU (89661-35060) is for a regular 1/2 ton 2 wheel drive truck.

I have no idea what the physical and electronic differences are, but they are different because Toyota would just use the same ECU if they were the same.

Just curious, how have you determined that the original ECU is bad? I just want to make sure you are not trying to replace a perfectly good ECU.

:steer:

Here is the 22R-E ECU chart that I have.

Since you have a Toyota Cab & Chassis model (which the Itasca RV body was installed onto), the original ECU was the 2 wheel drive 1 Ton version (89661-35040). Your replacement ECU (89661-35060) is for a regular 1/2 ton 2 wheel drive truck.

I have no idea what the physical and electronic differences are, but they are different because Toyota would just use the same ECU if they were the same.

Just curious, how have you determined that the original ECU is bad? I just want to make sure you are not trying to replace a perfectly good ECU.

View attachment 1985604

:steer:
I want to apologize for not responding.i had given up and taken her to a mechanic but he has not worked on it so I am towing it tomorrow but am going to throw a hail Mary tonight Nd see if I can start it.he said fried computer and showed me a burnt resistor related to fuel.I put the new ecu in a week ago as he said z and started it,barely ran ,like two cylinders. Any way no pulse via noid light.tonight I am going to expose the injectors wires to inspect,replaced the injector solenoid relay.the old computer code jump diagnostics did not work,this one flashes 7 times.tps short or something.does the tps have to give the ecu a green light in order to send pulse?I checked continuity on the tps wires all good so I am baffled and confused.i told mechanic yesterday that if he did not work on it today iI would tow it
At 430 I had no choice and told him I would tow it tonight. My friend can't do it tonight so I am gonna try and get pulse.any suggestions
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom