ect pwr button not working 😕 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hey guys I wonder if you can help me

I have a 100 series 2000 landcruiser 4.2,
the ect pwr button stopped working 1 day it was fine the next nothing happens

2nd start still works fine

I've checked the plug in the center console it's plugged in I also get the green light come on when I press the button,
is this function fused? or are there any other plugs I can check anywhere

I have also run a health check with techstream aswell and have no faults at all so now I'm abit confused ??

oh I also changed the actual button too just incase
thanks in advance cheers guys

Did you clean the switch with electrical contact cleaner? Are they 'sticky' when pushed? My dogs sometimes step on mine which causes it to sometimes get 'stuck'. Given the location, it's prone to getting all type of food, drink, sand, debris in the switch.

Did you clean the switch with electrical contact cleaner? Are they 'sticky' when pushed? My dogs sometimes step on mine which causes it to sometimes get 'stuck'. Given the location, it's prone to getting all type of food, drink, sand, debris in the switch.
He put in a new button, man.

Sorry, I'm no help here. Maybe check the connector to the button and spray with electrical contact cleaner, and see if you can trace the wires to whatever upstream connector is there.

hey thanks for your reply yeah ive cleaned all the contacts on the switch and plug

He put in a new button, man.

Sorry, I'm no help here. Maybe check the connector to the button and spray with electrical contact cleaner, and see if you can trace the wires to whatever upstream connector is there.
tried everything could it be a gearbox problem? I dunno

Do you have access to techstream?

You can check if the switch is functioning in the data list. There is an on/off indicator for the ECT.

Do you have access to techstream?

You can check if the switch is functioning in the data list. There is an on/off indicator for the ECT.
I do have techstream, I don't suppose you tell me where to look on techstream??

I do have techstream, I don't suppose you tell me where to look on techstream??
Should be something like:
1. Engine/ECT Live
2. Data List
3. Parameter should say ECT, and may be an indication as to whether or not the switch is operational.

Should be something like:
1. Engine/ECT Live
2. Data List
3. Parameter should say ECT, and may be an indication as to whether or not the switch is operational.
just having a look on techstream and unfortunately there isn't a parameter for ECT I've included a photo here too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom