Ecm Pin Out Wiring Diagram??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have searched old threads and have been unable to locate an ECM Pin out wiring diagram for an 88 ECM. The wiring schematics I have only show the top view of the ECM, I need the actual or looking down on the pins view.

Anyone have anything???

- T:cheers:

Maybe I'm not understanding the view you want but the FSM has each pin labeled in the EFI section. Is this not what you're looking for?

Do you have a FSM? I think each pin is labeled in it like Moby said.

Whats your problem? I repaired my ECM (emissions control board) and replace some components. I don't know how different the 88 one is but I bet it is different from the 60's

I don't have a FSM, but the wiring diagram in the Haynes Manual is somewhat adequate.

Because some of the wiring harness colors repeat themselves, I was hoping to find Pin description of the 3 connectors on the ECM. I think I figured out what I needed, but since I still have not solved my code 41 (open or short in the TPS circut) I am curious as to what wiring diagrams others have come across.

I have disconnected both ends of the TPS and Air Flow Meter harness, then measured pin-to-pin and pin-to-ground continuity to try and find a short. Since only 1 wire goes to ground (#7 out of the Air Flow meter) I do not think there is anything wrong with the wires. I'm thinking that the problem may be in my ECU.

Anyone else had similar problems?

Did you measure the pin on the ECM to ground with the cable disconnected?

The # 7 wire you are measuring. Does it go to the ECM? It might be permanently shorter to ground through a problem in the ECM.

Also could unplug the cable going to the air flow meter and turn on the cruiser and see what voltage you measure there. I don't know if doing this would hurt anything. You could leave the cables connected and stick the leads in and measure the voltage that way.

I would look at some of my manuals and see if I have a schematic.

Kevin,

according to the manual I have, #7 is grounded in the engine compartment..

I am checkin my voltages tonight, but as of the latest trouble shooting, the ECM could be bad.

Thanks,

Tim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom