SOLD Echo 5 Expedition Trailer for sale in Southern Alberta (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We are selling our fully loaded Echo 5 trailer. We bought it in November of 2014 and have used it for two major trips, all on road as well as a few local day or overnight trips. The trailer is in great condition with the usual minor paint chips and small scratches from use. We are only selling because we overestimated our needs and our abilities for travelling with two small children. We hope to be back in an Echo trailer in a few years though.

These trailers are extremely well built. Everything is heavy duty and designed to stand up to years of harsh roads and abuse. They come fully loaded with almost everything you need to hit the road. I've copied the list below from the North American distributor website. We have made a few minor changes (added reverse lights, moved stove bracket, extended 7 pin harness, LED lights in the tent, spare parts kit) as well as basic maintenance (brake tune up, hubs checked, UV protectant on the vinyl). There are more pictures and info here. There are also more photos on the Echo 4x4 Facebook page and I can take any detailed shots as requested.

The only issues with the trailer are minor wear issues; there is some cosmetic wear from use including a few small scratches, some stone chips on leading edges as well as a bit of rust on a few of the hinges and latches where some of the paint has worn away. I do have a small can of touch up paint but I have yet to use it. There is also very minor wear on a few spots on the tent fabric from use and transport which doesn't affect the integrity or waterproofing of the tent. No mould or mildew as we always put it away dry and store it in a garage.

We drove from Alberta to Ontario and back last summer and before we left I went through the trailer with a fine tooth comb so there are no functional issues with it. We've used the trailer for 2 big trips thus far: first from Alberta to Tofino BC and back (1800mi) and the second from Alberta to Ottawa ON and back (4500mi). Both trips were all highway or paved road driving. It towed really well behind our V6 4Runner and didn't make a massive dent in our fuel economy either.

The trailer does have a label on the tongue stating that it meets all Canadian and US safety standards so from this information on the US Customs and Border Protection website it should be importable to the USA and would be duty free.

Asking $23,900 CAD. Please contact me via PM or email adataylor at gmail dot com.

From http://www.echo4x4.net
The most rugged and spacious trailer in the Echo range is the Echo 5. The Echo 5 is constructed of superior materials and designed to be light weight yet robust, able to handle the most severe conditions. It has earned the reputation as the most durable high performance off road product in South Africa. It is not often that you get these features coupled with style that puts it a cut above the rest. With more storage space for your gear and toys, side walls for the ample awning area and a kitchen set for 6 this trailer is a definite step up from the rest. Whether you are looking for more space for your family expeditions or you want to enjoy a few more comforts and features once you arrive, the Echo 5 will surely help you enjoy the adventures of your dreams.

• GVWR: 1930kg/4200lbs
  • Cargo weight: 800kg/1700lbs
  • Dry weight: 860kg/1900lbs
  • 2½ Ton Axles
  • 8 Blade Leaf Springs and Shocks
  • 3 Goodyear 15" Off-Road AT rated truck tires
  • Inertial Mechanical Brake
  • 50mm Metric Coupler
  • Metric Convert-a-ball Assembly included: 50mm and 2 inch ball
  • Hand Brake
  • Two 20 Liter Metal Jerry Cans
  • 90 Amp Hour AGM Battery
  • AC/DC Power Center: With 3 Stage AGM specific Battery Charger, Hella Style 12volt outlets, Solar Panel compatible.
  • 80-Liter Dometic AC/DC Fridge Freezer
  • 100 Liter water tank, gravity fed
  • Primus Dual Burner Stove 2 x 12,000 BTU’s
  • Two 5lb Propane Bottles
  • Dometic Portable Toilet
  • Stainless Steel Table
  • 6 Place Settings of Melamine Dishes: dinner plates, salad plates, bowls and coffee mugs
  • Beer Glasses, Wine Glasses, Hi ball glasses, Plastic tumblers
  • 6 Place settings of cutlery, Utensils, salt and pepper shaker, bottle opener
  • 9 cup Coffee Pot
  • Drain Tray and Washbasin
  • Rear Slider Storage
  • Nose Cone Storage
  • 2 Plastic Wolf Pack Containers *not included*
  • Queen size bed
  • Exterior Walls for Tent Awnings

Untitled by 96r50, on Flickr

More photos in the next post.

Last edited:
Copied from the trailer build thread linked in first post

I've had a few people asking for more information and photos of the trailer so I'll try to give the quick tour here. There isn't enough height in the garage to set up the tent so that will have to wait until I get a chance to haul it outside.

The left side has the nosebox storage, the fridge and pantry door with jerry can holder, and the kitchen fold down table with the second, stand alone table (the textured surface you can see on the outside of the fold down). The electrical is mounted at the very back on this side as well.

The kitchen fold down. The trailer came with all the dishes secured in minicell foam as well as basic cutlery items. You can also see the electrical station at the back.

The view from the back. You can see the shore power connection (round black cover near the sticker) as well as one of the two Hella 12v connectors (above the reflector tape). The two holes in the end of the stainless steel table allow you to remove it from the fold down when it's open.

Up close on the electrical. The yellow box is a 15 amp Samlex battery charger for charging the house battery while on shore power. The panel above it has the switches and circuit breakers for the trailer electrics (main, lights master, fridge, 12V sockets, and extra) as well as a standard 12V port and the Battery Watch monitor.

The fridge (a supplied Waeco/Dometic CF80) gets strapped to the lower tray, while the upper has a number of moveable dividers and serves as a dry goods pantry. There are extra pockets on the door for small stuff and the dish rack and wash bin clip on below those when needed.

The nosebox. Both shelves are removable. The pipe in the back is for filling the water tank.

The hitch with mechanical brakes and handbrake. Note the tap for the water tank.

The right side holds all the clothes and other stuff. The drawers are simple plastic bins that can be removed for cleaning and packing in the house. These compartments can be accessed from inside the tent via zippers in the tent wall.

The back end of the right side has a small compartment up top as well as brackets for two 5lb propane tanks. The spare tire is mounted on the back and swings up out of the way of the rear door with the assistance of a gas strut.

The rear door allows access to the main compartment for all the big items. Note the bar table and bottle rack on the door ;)

The rear deck slides out on rollers like this, and then further again. The Buddy Heater [not included in sale] did a great job of keeping the tent warm on our November trip. The Go Power case holds an 80 amp solar panel [not included in sale] which will charge the house battery when connected to either Hella plug on the trailer. I'm working on a better way to store it in the trailer though.

The kitchen stove sits in the bracket on the left side but I'm thinking about moving it over to the right interior wall next to the fire extinguisher in order to maximize usable space inside the trailer.

I would say that there is enough room for 4-5 adults to sit around inside the tent area and play cards or something but there wouldn't be much space left over. There are walls that attach to the awnings in order to make a really big room off the back and kitchen side of the trailer but we haven't taken them out of the bag.

Last edited:
Bump! Current exchange rate has this at about $18,350 USD

Bump. Cool Trailer. GLWS

Still looking to sell this trailer. It's great but we really aren't getting out and using it enough to keep it around.

Wow - fantastic looking trailer!

A few new photos of the awnings set up, plus a price drop!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I can't see it in the pictures.......Is the trailer behind that luxury condo somewhere?
Arg - I need to stop looking at this ad.....

Bump. Current exchange rate puts this under $18k USD for a fully loaded expedition-ready trailer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom