EC Offroad CarPlay Solutions For 2016+ 200 Series LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

=======
A NEW VERSION OF THIS MODULE WAS RELEASED IN SEPTEMBER OF 2020. I HAVE STARTED A NEW THREAD FOR DISCUSSING THE NEW VERSION HERE.
=======

Phone call quality is deadset back to normal. Pretty much the same as the Toyota factory BT. Phone calls default to the Module's microphone which i tested when i first plugged, when the mic wasnt plugged into the module, nobody could hear me so tells that the module's BT overrides that of the OEM unit in the car. If that makes sene.

So now on my 3rd day using it and have been pretty much using BT/Wireless CarPlay since most of my trips are short trips around the suburbs. Working an absolute treat without any issues.

For the Wireless carplay, i had to pair my phone via BT to the EC Module, when the car is turned on, it firsts connects me to the Module's BT and from there offloads my connection to the built in WiFi hotspot built into the module which is fairly standard fare and seeing as Wifi has greater bandwidth that makes perfect sense. So far this connection has worked seamlessly.
Hi technopato, new to the forum and have been reading all the posts which have been really helpful as I recently purchased the EC Offroad interface unit for my 2017 VX. Seems to be working as described except i cant seem to connect My galaxy note 8 using android auto via wireless. it connects ok if plugged into the supplied USB cable but charge rate is very slow. Is there a step by step process you could share? Maybe I have a conflict with the OEM system, just cant work out how to get this part to work as you have indicated. thanks.

Hi technopato, new to the forum and have been reading all the posts which have been really helpful as I recently purchased the EC Offroad interface unit for my 2017 VX. Seems to be working as described except i cant seem to connect My galaxy note 8 using android auto via wireless. it connects ok if plugged into the supplied USB cable but charge rate is very slow. Is there a step by step process you could share? Maybe I have a conflict with the OEM system, just cant work out how to get this part to work as you have indicated. thanks.
Assuming you have the newer version of the EC Off-road module, please continue discussion in the thread I linked to in the previous post. But to answer your question, wireless is only supported for Apple CarPlay, not Android Auto.

I recently purchased the EC unit for my 2018 LC, and failed to notice there are different units for trucks manufactured before and after July 2018. My truck was manufactured in June 2018, and I purchased the post July 2018 unit. Wondering if, besides wasting the extra $, is this unit not going to work in my USA spec 200. Would like to know before I tear my truck apart.

I recently purchased the EC unit for my 2018 LC, and failed to notice there are different units for trucks manufactured before and after July 2018. My truck was manufactured in June 2018, and I purchased the post July 2018 unit. Wondering if, besides wasting the extra $, is this unit not going to work in my USA spec 200. Would like to know before I tear my truck apart.
I'm almost certain you'll find that the touchscreen functions either don't work at all or don't work reliably, so it would be best to arrange a swap with EC Offroad. At the very least, contact them for advice before you tear into things.

I'm almost certain you'll find that the touchscreen functions either don't work at all or don't work reliably, so it would be best to arrange a swap with EC Offroad. At the very least, contact them for advice before you tear into things.
Just contacted them and they said a replacement harness ($100) will be sent. Once again my failure to carefully read the details has cost me. Guess I should be happy that I realized it prior to installation. Thanks for the prompt reply. Will report on how it works when installed.

Just contacted them and they said a replacement harness ($100) will be sent. Once again my failure to carefully read the details has cost me. Guess I should be happy that I realized it prior to installation. Thanks for the prompt reply. Will report on how it works when installed.
I guess the good news is that it’s only an extra $100 and you can now sell the EC unit to someone with an older or newer LC if you ever decide to get rid of it. I’m a bit surprised that it’s just a different harness - perhaps post a picture of both when it arrives.

I guess the good news is that it’s only an extra $100 and you can now sell the EC unit to someone with an older or newer LC if you ever decide to get rid of it. I’m a bit surprised that it’s just a different harness - perhaps post a picture of both when it arrives.
Will be happy to.

Turns out I need to replace the unit, not just the harness. Am returning for replacement. Just happy I bothered to read more carefully and figure out I ordered the wrong unit prior to attempting install.

Turns out I need to replace the unit, not just the harness. Am returning for replacement. Just happy I bothered to read more carefully and figure out I ordered the wrong unit prior to attempting install.
That's a bummer, but makes more sense and at least you found out before trying to install it, as you say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom